"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Saturday, December 27, 2008

SHOW AND TELL: My little swimmer

Gabe has always been my water baby. He has loved swimming from day one. Last summer, her progressed to the point where he would jump into the deep end of the pool if I was there to catch him. However, he still wouldn't turn loose of me and swim...not even while he was wearing his suit with the floaties in them. Then, this past weekend, while we were in Georgia for my cousin's wedding, he discovered he could conquer the pool. It started by him pusing from the stairs and floating/kicking to me about 3 feet away. Then, the next thing i knew, he was going past me. When I asked him where he was going, Gabe said, "Over there" and pointed at the ladder in the deep end. He was off. By the end of the trip, he was going all over the pool and was having a ball. His favorite game was to swim after this floating toy that Joey would throw for him. Now, without further ado, presenting my little swimmer...



To see what everyone else in class is bringing to SHOW AND TELL, take a trip to visit the Goddess of the Infertility Blogosphere.

*********************
Any of y'all in NY...please go by Tertia's blog...she has "friend from South Africa who is on holiday in central NY and got a positive pee stick on her 10th IVF!!" And she needs a question answered ASAP...please help.

*********************

I am organizing a project for a very special blogger we all know and love. If you want in on the secret, EMAIL ME.

9 comments:

..al said...

Well...what a gorgeorus swimmer he is. And yes, knowing how to swim is a wonderful skill! I love swimming too. And what's with the project? If I may be of any help, do let me know.

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

It's so fun when kids discover that they're good at something new!

We have Angel Wings said...

Looks like you have a little fishy on your hands!

Keep it up and you'll have a little Michael Phelps on your hands. ;)

Kara said...

Great swimming!

Let me know what I can do to help - my email is on my profile page.

Chat soon - K

AnotherDreamer said...

Aww, what a little guppy! Cute.

Cara said...

WOW! That is damn impressive!!! Bear hasn't always loved water and this summer will be in her fifth year of level one...she won't go under.

Go Gabe!!!

JuliaS said...

Wow - what a brave little guy! I'm a horrible swimmer - so I am very impressed!

Dora said...

YAY Gabe!

The Steadfast Warrior said...

What a great video! Look at him go!lol. :)