"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Sunday, December 07, 2008

Are you ready for Christmas? I am.

My tree isn't up. My door isn't decorated. I still have presents to buy. The only decorations I have up are my lights and my luminaries.

I AM READY FOR CHRISTMAS!

I was reminded today that Christmas isn't about the decorations. It isn't about the gifts. Christmas is when we prepare to celebrate the birth of our lord and savior, Jesus Christ. All the trappings of the season - the trees, the decorations, the garland, the tinsel - aren't necessary to celebrate the true meaning of the season.

Don't get me wrong...I love the trappings of the season. I love Christmas carols. I love the smell of the pine tree as it glitters with lights and decorations. But, I am so very glad I got the reminder of the real meaning of the season. I am no longer stressing about getting everything done. It doesn't have to be perfect. We just have to have each other and our faith.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Whether you share my beliefs or not, I hope each and every one of you is blessed in the coming year and have all your dreams come true.

2 comments:

Ken's choice said...

I do agree wholeheartedly with that, Kristin, first of all ,
remember what Christmas is all about, then start enjoying the presents, the food, and the company.
and be grateful for it all.
hope your Christmas will be full of goodness for you and your lovely family.
hugs,

Lori Lavender Luz said...

This is a very timely post for me to read.