"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Monday, December 22, 2008

The Bitch is Back

I'm not sure whether the bitch in the title is referring to hope or AF. I guess either will work.

Its really silly how quickly you can let hope grab a hold of you when you start trying again. I mean, honestly, there really wasn't a chance of anything working last month. The timing was close but not quite right and there were other extenuating circumstances that made it a less than favorable month for conceiving. But, I somehow managed to convince myself that the signs of the season (like exhaustion) might actually be early signs of getting lucky. Boy was I delusional. It wasn't that I really thought we got lucky right away but for some reason I couldn't help but hope. AF arriving 2 days early on the morning of my cousin's wedding quickly dashed those hopes.

Here's hoping the holiday season brings better luck to all of us who are trying for a much wanted babe.

10 comments:

In Due Time said...

((((((Hugs))))))))

I'm waiting on the bitch, too. Day 41 or 2...but who's counting? I keep feeling my breast hoping for a pain. No such luck.

Brenda said...

I agree AF/hope; which is the true bitch?

ICLW

Annie said...

((hug))

I've done the same thing, even on cycles when I knew DH was traveling during ovulation I would still convince myself that I somehow had a chance and was devastated by neg tests and AF like it was some big surprise. :(

ICLW

Emma said...

(((hugs)))

TTC is such a rollercoaster, isn't it? You are in my prayers.

Have a lovely Christmas.

lostintranslation said...

I'm sorry, and yes, I do know that feeling all too well... Hoping 2009 will bring good news very early!
*ICLW*

Anonymous said...

She is such a downer isn't she! The sore ( . ) ( . ) are the worst gift she brings because it gives you just a TINY glimmer.

Stupid bitch...

theworms said...

Hope can be a 4 letter word but, I'm hoping we all get our miracle BFP's very soon.

Happy Holidays.

*T* said...

Hope is a tricky thing... sometimes you need it so badly to feel good, but it can hurt so much when it's gone... good luck to you. ICLW

barrenisthenewblack said...

Great title!
If only exhaustion always equaled pregnancy...I'd have 3534536 children by now.

Beautiful Mess said...

Something similar happened to me this week. I was 8 days late for my lovely friend and even though I was "fixed" because I don't do pregnant well, I still thought *hoped* I was. I started this morning, kind of a strange place to be.
Hugs. Hope everything works out for you next month!
-D