"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

In the spirit of the season



I am going to share with you the latest entry on my favorite author list...Christopher Moore. I picked up his book The Stupidest Angel: A Heart-warming Tale of Christmas Terror the last time I was at the library. It is by far the funniest book I have read in a long time. It was totally irreverent, a little very snarky, and a hell of a good time. I can't remember the I laughed out loud so many time while I reading a book.

Any Christmas book that manages to work in a pot-smoking constable, Kendra the Warrior Babe, and a poker playing angel needs to be read. I don't want to say too much about the book because I really, really want you to read it. Besides, you have to admire any author who has these pic up on the first page of his web site...

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I loved that book!! Have you read Lamb yet? Same author, soooooooooo bad and funny!!!

MrsSpock said...

That picture is priceless...