"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Monday, December 15, 2008

Doggie update...

The vet thinks my beautiful girl has ruptured her ACL. This is just like the horrible injury you hear about in athletes that requires surgery to fix. If (and it's a big if) we are lucky and its only a partial tear, the two weeks of anti-inflammatory meds should allow it to heal. However, the vet is almost certain its a rupture and she will need surgery. My poor doggie. I am extremely thankful that, while I don't have the funds readily available, I can get the money for the surgery if she needs it.

6 comments:

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Poor pooch! What a rough run of luck.

When will you know for certain?

Jamie said...

Here's to hoping for just a partial tear.

Jolie is a beautiful girl. I hope she is up on four paws soon!

Deirdre said...

(((((HUGS)))) I hope she gets better quickly!

Soralis said...

So sorry to hear about your dog. Good luck!

NHStitcher said...

Poor puppy. I hope they can get her fixed up!

..al said...

Oh, I wish she gets better soon! All the very best!