"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

My Peaceful Place

Angrycanrn is having a contest. It closes when the ball drops tonight so hurry up and enter. She is asking people to describe their peaceful places. Without further ado, here are the two pictures that best represent my peaceful place...



I'm sure these pictures have many of you scratching your heads and wondering. You may be thinking, "I understand the first picture but what the hell does that picture of a brain have to do with a peaceful place." See, as most of you realize, I am the mom of 3 wild and crazy guys. My boys are (almost) 12, 8, and 3. I love my children dearly but my time, energy, and money all goes towards them. So, my peaceful place is in my brain. That first picture is of a place named Lake Atitlan. I don't know where its located. I've never been there. However, I saw this picture once and the beauty and peacefulness of it really struck me. I tucked that picture away into an empty corner of my brain and, whenever I am feeling hassled or overwhelmed, I pull out that picture and my stitching and I take a mental trip there while I stitch a little bit. Is it as good as a trip away? Hell no. But, it is a way of destressing and taking a break.

Where is your peaceful place?

1 comment:

MrsSpock said...

My peaceful place? In Boulder, Colorado, staring at the mountains in the distance...