This site is for all punky and rock and roll women, whether or not you: *Drive a minivan but wish it was a 69' Mustang *Listen to kidzbop but wish it was KISS *Wear Crocs even though you wish they were Converse (or some funky Christian Louboutin pumps :) *Wear your hair in a pony tail but wish is was all pomp'd up ...Or you still do these things and rock out like a true punk rock woman! All are welcome!I thought that was a totally cool sentiment because it seemed to capture my life. Soooooo, according to the rules of this award, I have to thank the amazing person who gave it to me, tell y'all 7 things I haven't told you before, and pass it on. I think the hardest thing is going to be telling y'all 7 new tidbits about me.
- I love musicals. My parents had the soundtrack to Jesus Christ, Superstar and Hair and I can sing along to half the songs on them. I adore Guys and Dolls, Music Man, and Grease.
- I have a shameful number if UFOs (unfinished objects in crafter's language). I am too scared to list them because then I'd have an actual number I had to face down. My oldest UFO is almost 18 yrs old.
- When I was in high school, I bought a Playgirl, brought it to school, and passed it around class.
- I actually bought a Playboy once to read an article...no, really! They did a fabulous interview with Stephen Hawking years and years ago and I had to read it.
- I HATED my hair when I was little. I had a whole year in school where it earned the lovely descriptive name "Bird's Nest".
- I got into a huge (from my perspective) fight with my parents when I was 12 because I had found a gorgeous rainbow bikini I wanted and they wouldn't let me buy it. I stomped out of the house in a huge huff.
- I had a stop sign I liberated from a corner hanging on my door in college.
- Kym from I'm A Smart One...I love you my thug sister!
- Calliope from Creating Motherhood...you are amazing, inspiring, and so much more.
- Jen of EPBOT and Cake Wrecks fame...Cake Wrecks always makes me laugh but I truly adore EPBOT. It celebrates the wonderful world of geeky adults and has introduced me to the wonders of steam punk decor, jewelry, and more.
- Anissa of #FreeAnissa and lots of other places...I found Anissa when she had her stroke and I had to find out who this woman was. She had so many people I love and respect in a tizzy and I figured she must be pretty damned special to have that affect on them. She is a kick ass, take no prisoners, funny woman and I'm so glad I got to meet her.
- Aunt Becky of Mommy Wants Vodka...Becky is AMAZING. She's funny as hell, totally kicks ass, and, when she writes about her Amelia, Princess of Bells, the power and beauty of her writing makes you weep.
*************************************The winner of the the uPrinting Poster Giveaway is Tanyetta of Days Like These! You should get an email from uPrinting shortly.
And, the winners of my Power of 10 giveaways are SandyG(adult giveaway winner) and Jen from In One Ear(kids giveaway). If y'all email me with your mailing address, I'll ship the packages out ASAP.
Thanks to everyone who entered the giveaways. There will be more later this month.