"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

BlogHer10 Photo Post - Day 3

This is gonna be a long post y'all. I have a bunch of pics and I don't really want to split it into two groups so YOU MUST SUFFER....bwahahahahahahaha! BTW, all the pics are clickable and the larger pic opens in it's own window.

me with the Jimmy Dean sun...
the Rachel Ray show was here later in the day


Rys, Chef Jill Houk, me...
she is an incredibly cool lady


Rys, Ronald McDonald, me
This next picture isn't the best one in the bunch but it is one of the most important pictures I took. Like I said before (I think cause I'm too lazy to go check), the sessions and meeting people were the most important part of BlogHer10 for me. And, this session was the key moment of the whole conference for me. All the lovely people you see in the picture below have gone through some sort of immense tragedy in their life and, in some cases, the whole story actually played out online. These people are some of the most courageous people I've had the pleasure of meeting. They got up there and talked about some incredibly painful things and talked about how the community we've built helped get them through it. They confirmed one thing I have felt for a long time. You people out there, those of you I've laughed with and cried with and celebrated with and loved with, you aren't my friends who live in the computer. You are plain and simply MY FRIENDS...no qualifiers needed, no other explanations given. I don't care if we've met a bunch of times or we've only talked online. The internet has changed the way we meet and make friends and, I for one am thankful.

Cecily Kellogg, Loralee Choate, Kim Trimble and Anissa and Peter Mayhew
the panel from the Grief, Loss, Tragedy,
and Community on the Internet
session

These next pictures are from the parties that went on that final night...

me at the Eden Fantasys party...
click on the pic if you want to see our arts and crafts project


The arts and crafts projects Rys and I made
at the Eden Fantasys party


me and Rys with Snape

Rys, Vader, me

the Sparklecorn Cake from Charm City Cakes

lots of people I don't know dancing at Sparklecorn

me, Tonya,and Rys lounging on a bed near the dance floor
at CheeseburgHer...don't you love our hats


the lovely Amy and Rhonda from Southern Fried Snark

you know it's time to call it a night when the Dark Lord
is bandaged and stretched out on a bed at CheeseburgHer

Tune in tomorrow for my final picture post from BlogHer.

6 comments:

battynurse said...

Looks like a lot of fun.
Strangely I knew what was in those pictures before I clicked on them. LOL.

Mrs. Gamgee said...

Woohoo! You met the Jimmy Dean Sausage sun! How cool is that? *giggles*

I totally agree... the people I have met through my blog are not just 'bloggy friends', they are a large part of my support network, they are my friends. The internet has brought a lot of crap into our world, but I am thanful for it anyway. It has brought me many blessings (not the least of which is my Beloved).

AnotherDreamer said...

LOL at Darth Vadar!

Loving the photos (and oh so envious!)

..al said...

Amazing pics!

I also 'recognized' that blue velvet dress you had fashioned out for the event...Cool!

Vicki said...

Great pics! LOL at the Sun guy...I love those commercials! Cool hidden pics ;) You guys look like you had such an awesome time and you look gorgeous! And I have to agree with you...bloggy friends are not just computer people, they are true friends. Luv ya hon!

Jen said...

I'm just going to laugh a little