"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Historical Fiction a la Kristin

"You're traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind; a journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That's the signpost up ahead - your next stop, the Twilight Zone!"

Last night, I had the weirdest dream. It was truly screwed up. I don't remember all the details but I do remember that their were a lot of people from the rescue squad *we use to volunteer with. Two of the rescue squad members I clearly remember being there were **Marsha and a lady named Kim. Now, here's where it gets really weird. The other individual I clearly remember being there is Ted Kennedy of THE KENNEDYs. In my dream, Ted Kennedy was married to a rescue squad member who was killed in a drunk driving accident a la Chappaquiddick. Later in the dream, it became apparent that Teddy boy had caused the accident like what happened with Chappaquiddick. Flash forward to a scene in a church...Teddy boy and his friends and cronies were on one side of the church and the rescue squad people were on the other for the funeral of the rescue squad member who was Kennedy's dead wife.

Shortly after that scene, Gabe came in and woke me up. I have no idea what would have happened or who else might have shown up. Anyone have any clue what in the hell this means?


*Vic and I both use to volunteer with the Orange County Rescue Squad here in NC. That is how we met.
**Marsha is Vic's ex-wife. They were split up before I met him and get along better as exes than they did when they were married. I use to run paramedic calls with her.

12 comments:

Kakunaa said...

I don't know which I like better...the bizarreness of the dream, or the label "fucknuttery." Now I have to figure out how to put that word into everyday use. Is it a noun? Or an adjective?

Kristin said...

Fucknuttery can be used in any manner it seems appropriate such That is pure fucknuttery or the fucknuttery of the situation. It is one of my favorite variations on the word!

sara said...

I do love the word fucknuttery. It seems like it would have a plethora of applications. Tomorrow at work I may have to pause when something is absurd and say "I can't believe the fucknuttery of this situation."

Crazy dream - it's funny how bizarre they can be, huh?

Meari said...

No clue, but I have odd dreams like that too. They seem so real, don't they?

Browniris said...

That is a crazy dream! Sorry, I have no clue what it could mean. Happy ICLW!

AnotherDreamer said...

Umm, wow. Not sure, but that was some dream!

Maybe fear of losing someone close to you, and irrepairable relationship damage (either between the individual or an entire segment of your life- like when you lose someone such as a family friend you also lose their entire family, etc...) Not sure how Kennedy falls into this though. Or it could mean someone being at fault and it being unforgivable? Death doesn't always mean death in a dream, but rather an ending of something- in this case it seems to all point to a relationship.

Yeah, not really sure, just throwing ideas out there.

Mrs. Gamgee said...

Ok... so what did you have to eat before you went to bed? That's a wacky dream!

And I love the discussion of fucknuttery! Hilarious! I wonder if it can be used interchangably with clusterfuck?

Deanna Zachrich said...

No clue on your dream's meaning. I think we all have vivid dreams in our lives that we remember for years, never fully understanding them. Maybe you just ate too many pickles with your ice cream?
Happy ICLW!

Cape Girl said...

I always have crazy dreams and then I try to figure them out, but most of the time they don't make any sense!

Thanks for visiting my blog. It seems like you've had a very hard and long IF journey. I'm glad to hear that they seem to have figured things out for you. I wish you the best of luck with everything.

ICLW#137

Anonymous said...

I think you're going to rescue someone really important, perhaps a VIP!

ICLW

Anonymous said...

I think you're going to rescue someone really important, perhaps a VIP!

ICLW

battynurse said...

Strange. I've been having some pretty strange dreams lately too. The worst was that I was in a car accident and I woke up right at the moment of impact.