"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Friday, August 27, 2010

Pillow Talk

This conversation really happened. I couldn't make this shit up...

Vic: Hmmmm, I wonder what we should make for dinner this weekend?
Me: Dunno
Vic: I know...chicken strips and cherry sauce
Me (sounding extremely skeptical): Why?
Vic: Then I could (breaking into song) give my love a chicken without a bone, give my love a cherry without a stone
Me (in between laughing my ass off): You are so WRONG!



*Disclaimer...No painkillers were consumed prior to this conversation. It must be blamed solely on my husband's warped brain.
**Bonus points awarded for the person who can identify the source for these somewhat mangled lyrics

9 comments:

Ms Dreamer said...

Animal House; during the toga party - guy with a guitar, singing to a bunch of girls on the stairs, and Bluto trashes the guitar because it's such a lame song! :)

Shelly- Mom Files said...

Husbands are a mess!! Don't know where it came from but sho nuff sounds like some madness that Dwayne would do.

Mrs. Gamgee said...

Men can be such goof-balls... :)

Quiet Dreams said...

Hahahahahaha!

loribeth said...

LOVE that movie!! -- it was the first R-rated movie I saw "legally" in the movie theatre after my 18th birthday -- I took my younger sister with me. I love how Belushi raises his eyebrow just before he grabs the guitar, lol.

Amaprincess said...

Have to love those crazy conversations that make you laugh!!

ICLW #55

Kakunaa said...

It sounds SOOOO familiar, but I can't place it! GRRR.

Kristin said...

Ms Dreamer got it right off the bat. I think I cheered when Bluto trashed that guitar because I HATED that song.

Meari said...

Hahaha... That's why you love him!