"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Saturday, August 14, 2010

BlogHer10 Photo Post - Day 2 through lunch

I have faced a realization. I take a shitload of pictures. In fact, even selecting only the best, I have enough pics from Day 2 that I need to split this into 2 posts. So, drumroll, here's the first half of Day 2 of BlogHer.

At breakfast, we got to meet Bruce Jenner. I have to say he was unfailingly patient and quite willing to take picture after picture. I know that's his job as a spokesman but, I have to say, he does it well.

Rys, Bruce Jenner, me
Between sessions, we had a chance to meet all kinds of cartoon characters from video games and children's tv.

me and the Rabbid Rabbit

me, Dora the Explorer, Boots, Rys

Rys, Elmo, me
Lunch was one of the things I was looking forward to the most. I was finally going to meet so many of the ladies in the ALI (adoption, loss, and infertility) community. These are women I have celebrated and mourned with. I have found support and love and acceptance. I have found people who truly grasp what we went through to get my Gabriel here. I know these are just pictures of me with other people but, this is what BlogHer is all about...meeting and connecting with people who inspired you, creating a community in real life as well as online. This is what makes it so special and these are some of the most fabulous people I know.

Dora of My Preconceived Notion and
Calliope
of Creating Motherhood

Mel of Stirrup Queens and me

Mel of Stirrup Queens, Dora of My
Preconceived Notion
, me, and
Kir aka DaisyGal of Kir's Corner
Come on back later for the rest of Day 2.

7 comments:

rys said...

It was fabulous!

Beautiful Mess said...

OMG Kristin! I am SO glad you had such a great time! Love the pictures, keep em coming!
*HUGS*

Shelly- Mom Files said...

Great photos!! Man that Bruce Jenner is photogenic :)

Mrs. Gamgee said...

Loving the pictures! I am still dealing with BlogHer envy :)

And my niece would be jealous to know you met Dora the Explorer!

Colette S said...

I agree. It's all about meeting and connecting in RL too as we get to do online.

Look at you beauties. You can tell you all had a blast!

Love the photos. Would totally love to hang with Dora and boots!

FertilAid For Men said...

Very nice and beautiful collection of photos..
Thank you for the post..

Dora said...

Great. 2 shots of me with my eyes closed. ;-)