"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Wednesday, August 04, 2010

BlogHer Bound

In just under 14 hours, I'll be getting on the bus and heading to New York City. I am excited beyond belief. Does it make me a total geek to admit I was so excited last night that I has trouble falling asleep?You know, I have traveled all over the world and I can't remember the last time I was this excited about something. Geez, I can't even blame the excitement on going to NYC because I've been there before. I'm excited because I'm getting away without the kids (I love them, I really do but it will be so nice to operate on my schedule for a change, to be an adult all the time). I'm also so, so excited about meeting all of you guys. I hope I don't disappoint.
I guess I should try and describe myself a bit. I'm a hugger. I will try and hug you when we meet so, if that bugs you, do what Mel suggested and "approach me with hands raised." I'll talk to anybody and everybody so please, please find me if I don't find you first. I'm signed up to go to a bunch of parties and am overwhelmed by the sessions I want to go to but, you know what, friends come first and I WILL find time to hang with y'all. I have a bunch of business cards and, if you don't ask me for one, don't be surprised if one shows up in your stuff anyway. Also, please, please give me your card if you have one. I have a cool idea on how to use them when I get home.
Ummmm, getting in touch with me...I'll have my phone with me so feel free to text or call me if you have the number. I'll also have a computer with my so sending me a DM via Twitter or and email will work too. Also, please approach me if you see me and don't be offended if I stumble over your name. I SUCK with names and I would be totally lost without the name tags they are giving us.ALI crowd...the consensus for the get together seems to be that kids are ok for the get together. We will be offering garlic aioli kid-dip instead of ketchup because, as it was pointed out, we'll be in foodie New York. We'll be gathering in the lobby Sunday morning. I will try and have my shit together and be down there by about 10 am. Since I haven't been to the hotel, I don't know where we are going to want to hang out. Just look for me.

Oh yeah, since I keep saying look for me, I should describe myself...I'm short, fat (yeah fat), and rather exuberant. And, this is what my hair currently look like...Yeah, I've gone purple. Can't wait to be there and

15 comments:

Kakunaa said...

I am so jealous!! Somehow next year I am making this happen! Have fun, and we expect loads of pics, anecdotes, and good times!

Tillie said...

sooooooooooooooo jealous!!! have fun!

Mrs. Gamgee said...

Maybe I should colour my hair green... I'm so darn jealous! Have a blast, take tons of pictures, and think of us poor souls sitting at home.

LOVE the purple hair!

Vicki said...

Oh my goodness...you have purple hair!! I thought I was seeing it wrong in that first pic. LOL It looks wonderful! Have an awesome time in NYC...want to take a side trip to MD while you are up this way?? Miss ya girlie!

AnotherDreamer said...

Enjoy!!! Have a safe journey and many merry meets :)

The hair is lovely!

..Soo.See.. said...

Woooooo-eeeee!! Have fun while you're away!! Be safe, but mostly have fun! Wish I'd be there to mee you and the rest of the community. Next year!

Dora said...

LOVE the hair! See you tomorrow. And I will be insulted if you don't hug me!

Lynn said...

Have a great time at Blogher! Wish I was going with you guys, but maybe next year, eh? Be Safe and see you on here when you get back!

P.S. Awesome hair :D

Alana said...

Woot-woot! Can't wait to read about the AWESOME experiences you have! :)

Dora said...

BTW, Sunshine will undoubtedly want to grab chubby little handfuls of purple hair. Hope that's okay.

Kir said...

HI SWEETS!!
I have your phone number, I'll be texting tomorrow...we'll (me and John) be in the lobby at 11:45 am or so. Can't wait to HUG YA!!!!!!

Wishing 4 One said...

love love love it! your hair looks so awesome girl. i so wish i was going to meet you and so many of the awesome bloggers in NYC, and i would totally give u a fat hug! have fun, and i know we can look forward to great pics and the low down on the weekend. hey, eat a slice of yummy ny pizza for me k? xoxo

MrsSpock said...

There is no way anyone can fail to recognize you at Blogher! Better than a business card!

Quiet Dreams said...

Wish I could meet you and your purple hair in person!

battynurse said...

LOVE the purple.