"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Monday, August 23, 2010

I pulled an Aunt Becky

You know how everybody's favorite internet Aunt, the glorious Aunt Becky, talks about her grace...her unique ability to trip and fall in ridiculous situations. Well, last night I pulled of a move that would have made Aunt Becky proud.

I spent a good chunk of Sunday taking care of chores that male pattern blindness had prevented anyone else in my family from taking care of...things like scrubbing the kitchen floor, washing down the cabinets, vacuuming up the dog hair, ya know things that are nigh to invisible. It goes without saying that I needed a shower by that evening.

Ya know, I've taken showers for years. Never had an issue with it. But somehow, last night, I fought the shower and the shower won. I was holding my hair up to rinse the soap off my back and was turning around. I don't know what the hell happened but I must have stepped on a slick spot in the shower. I felt my foot start sliding and I knew there was no way in hell I could stop it. My bare white ass when flying and I can guarantee it wasn't a pretty sight. I think the only thing I didn't hit on the way down was my head but, God knows that might have been better because I've frequently been accused of being hard headed enough to break things with it.

I know I'm going to feel it later today. I'm sitting here on my nice cushy chair and my left ass cheek hurts. Wonder where else I will feel it? Damn, I sure can see how old people get hurt during fall.

Kristin, thy name is klutz.

PS...love you Aunt Becky.

18 comments:

AnotherDreamer said...

OMG, that HAD to hurt :( I am pretty clumsy myself (insert, "girl who walks into walls" in place of my name) And I know I've done something pretty much exactly like that... and it HURT. Ungh. Feel better :(

Vicki said...

Goodness, I'm glad you didn't seriously hurt yourself although I know you are going to be sore today. (((Hugs)))

Lynn said...

OMG, hun! I hope you're okay and not feeling too many aches! I can relate. I have taken more than a few tumbles and everyone in my family calls me the "Walking Accident". I could tell you about this one time when I was in 7th grade involving Junior Beta Club Convention, the Macon Colliseum and my butt hitting the floor, but it's a long story and I'm sure you've already gotten the gist of it. Hope you feel better soon!

..al said...

Yikes...I hope this never happens again...and I hope you are not in much pain...

LOL@male pattern blindness...

battynurse said...

I've done that before and it does hurt. I've always been a clutz myself and falling etc seems to happen at the most embarrassing moments. Hope you don't hurt too much.

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Oh, dear. Sounds awful!

If it makes you feel any better (I'm sure it won't), I took a tumble on the streets of NYC and sported big bruises on my hip and knee at BlogHer.

Heal soon!

Dora said...

Ow! I did that a few months ago and did hit my head a little on the way down. I was okay, but TOTALLY FREAKED OUT that I could have been knocked out and Sunshine was all alone in bed. Feel better.

snhg1129 said...

Visiting from ICLW
Sorry that you fell, I have to fallen the shower although I ended up with a pretty horrible headace and 7 stiches in the back of my noggen. Hope you feel better soon.

:)

Kakunaa said...

OWWWW! That would so happen to me. I've been banned from doing anything but walking since our cycle started, and for sure now, since in 2 weeks I got knocked down HARD, tripped over a ladder, and fell down the stairs. Even the doctor laughed at me. Take it easy, and apply ice liberally!

Anonymous said...

Male pattern blindness...OMG, that is the funniest thing I've read today!!

ICLW#18

Anonymous said...

Bummer! Hope you are not too sore!

Quiet Dreams said...

Ouch! Hope you don't have too many aches and pains. Poor Krisin!

lady pumpkin said...

First of all, thanks for your comment. Second, I so appreciate your pointing out that my link on the ICLW list was no good--I had no idea! I think the issue was that when I was first on the list, I was at Blogger, and have since switched to WordPress, and so sent Mel a new (obviously incomplete) link. Fascinating, right? And then to let Mel know so she could fix it? You just plain rock. Here all this time, I thought I wasn't getting comments because I was so far down the list...

ANYWAY...what's funny about your story is that as I read it, I was sitting at a restaurant where somebody had just fallen and actually really hurt herself--ambulance and everything. Injuries aren't funny [to me], but the coincidence was. Hope your cheeks heal up soon!

julia said...

I've slipped in the shower many times. I feel your pain.

Tina said...

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! :) The Snoogle is the pillow I was planning to get. :)

I hope you're okay and that you aren't too sore.

Happy ICLW!
#172

Meari said...

Those kinds of things are part of my everyday life, lol. I've been a klutz since I was a small child. My family nicknamed me "Grace" because graceful I'm not.

I hope you're not hurting too bad.

theworms said...

That sucks and I have to say the shower has beaten my clumsy butt a time or two.

I hope you're not too sore.

ICLW

The Infertile Mind said...

ICLW - thanks for stopping by my blog and nice to meet you & your blog! Hope your new BFFs Tylenol and Advil help you through your shower incident! And I'd never heard of Aunt Becky so thanks for the intro to her, too!

Lily