"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Friday, August 06, 2010

Happy 300th Blog Roundup

The fabulous Melissa over at Stirrup Queens has been doing a blog round up since way back on July 21, 2006. Each week she features 4 or 5 posts that really made an impact on her and offers them up for us to read too. I have to join in on the celebration fun and show you the cake I had to celebrate the blog round up birthday.While the key lime cheesecake from the Magnolia Bakery was pretty freaking incredible, what is more important is what it represents. I had this delectable cake while spending time with a fabulous woman I met through this ALI community. Dora has become a dear friend and is just one of many amazing women this community has brought into my life. We've laughed together. We sure as hell have cried together. But most importantly, we've grown to love each other. Y'all will hold a piece of my heart forever.

To quote Melissa...

Happy 300th (200th) Roundup to you

Happy 300th (200th) Roundup to you

July 21st marked four years

Happy 300th (200th) Roundup to yooooooooou.

10 comments:

areyoukiddingme said...

Ooh that looks good! I can't believe you shared any of it - even with the adorable baby!

ColourYourWorld said...

Oh yum!

Alana said...

Looks deee-lish! Glad you had an ALI friend to share it with, what a great opportunity. :)

Vicki said...

That looks delicious...almost better than the chocolate cheesecake I had the other day for my anniversary.

Colette S said...

This does look delish. I know my hubs would love this more than I would.

Happy 300th Blog Round up. I like this idea.

JJ said...

I LOVE Magnolia Bakery! And that looks deeeelish!

So glad you are have an awesome time at BlogHer--give all the fab ALI ladies a big hug for me.

Margaret said...

Mmmmmm Magnolia. The one by Rockefeller Center or the one at Grand Central? :) I had a caramel cupcake. We took them up to Central Park. What a beautiful day!!!!

Dora said...

:-) Ah, cake with a baby who might not exist if not for Mel! (Since Kathy found me through LFCA.)

Margaret, Rock Ctr.

See ya in the morning!

Justine L said...

yum! While you're there, you need to go to Butterlane, though ... even better than Magnolia. And bring all of the amazing blogHer women with you! I can't even tell you how sad I am that you are all literally an hour and change away, and I'm NOT there!! :(

battynurse said...

Oooh. That looks yummy.