"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Point to Ponder

Today at church, one of our pastors was talking about how people would react if they heard Jesus was coming over for a meal. She said that her mom would start panicking about getting a chance to vacuum while she would be hoping Jesus didn't mind eating Ramen because she couldn't cook. Marty turned and looked at me, wide eyed, and said "Can you just imagine if Jesus ate a meal with us?" It was all I could do to not start giggling. Meals in our house are never calm and quiet. Invariably, there is gross talk and jokes. The whole idea of Jesus sitting down in the midst of that chaos to eat amused me greatly.

8 comments:

Barb said...

love it

Emma said...

I'd rather Jesus came for dinner than the in-laws ;) I figure he already would know all my secrets (like that the dirty laundry pile migrated into the bedroom for an evening!)

Mrs. Gamgee said...

I've often pondered what Jesus and the disciples talked about around the fire at night. I mean, come on... men? camping? You know that someone was making farting noises and someone else was telling bathroom jokes.

Solid Rock or Sinking Sand said...

I really enjoyed reading the posts on your blog. I would like to invite you to come on over to my blog and check it out. God bless, Lloyd

Claire said...

haha, I love Emmas comment! So true!
I would be concerned if he came to my house for dinner, very concerned!

Kakunaa said...

I have an unmarried teenage couple living with me...imagine THAT dinner. LOL.

Quiet Dreams said...

I think that Jesus could probably hang with the gross jokes and chaos. He probably wouldn't want to eat any bacon, though. ;)

MrsSpock said...

I'd hope that Jesus didn't mind nursing war stories about bodily fluids, because I never seem to get through a meal without one of those.