"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Monday, October 06, 2008

Some recent stitchy finishes...

I designed all three of these pieces. The first two are squares for a baby quilt. My friend Vicki just had her 8th child and these are for her quilt...





and this piece is for a Halloween exchange...

6 comments:

tina said...

wow cute finishes :)

Anonymous said...

Very nice, all around! Love the blackwork "fill" on the duckie and witch hat!

Vicki said...

They are beautiful, Kristin! Thank you so much! I love the blackworking...gives the pieces a very cool look.

Raven/Missy said...

The duck is adorable and the saying is perfect for a new baby.

I love the blackwork in both pieces, it is beautiful!

Emma said...

These are some beautiful designs. The 'blackwork' makes a lovely, delicate style of filler. I like it much better than straight colour.

Barb said...

Way cute! I'm impressed!