"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Saturday, October 11, 2008

SHOW AND TELL: a weekend with family

Last weekend, I took the boys and went down to my mom and dad's house for the the weekend. Unfortunately, Vic had to work part of the weekend so he couldn't come. Saturday morning, Marty and Joey got up and went to watch my niece's soccer game. Grandpa took the boys because he is the coach of the team. While the older boys were with Grandpa, Gabe and I went and joined Grandma at the yard sale her church was holding. Gabe was thrilled with this expedition because he scored a Rescue Pack (just like Diego) and a stuffed anaconda.

After lunch, we all piled into vehicles and went to the county fair. Marty didn't last as long as everyone else. He got tired hobbling around on his crutches. However, he did have a wonderful time. The rest of us had a pretty damned good time too (even if I had to ride that frakking Jalopy Ride 9 times with Gabe).



We wrapped up the day with the most incredible meal at my sister's house...

The day was filled with love, laughter, and a hell of a lot of fun. I hope everyone has a day like this sometime soon.

Michelle, my mom, and me...my sister labeled us the Triad of Terror...all because our humor feeds off of the presence of each other.

Visit Miss Lollipop for more weekly Show And Tell Fun!

18 comments:

Arian said...

That sounds like a fun day! It's always fun to hang out with your family like that!

AnotherDreamer said...

Looks like fun! I am so envious.

..al said...

Woohoo....Looks like loads of fun!

ColourYourWorld said...

Looks like a lot of fun! So much happiness.

Cara said...

Kristin, that "Triad of terror" pic is the best display of true family I've ever seen. I LOVE IT!

I think I remember that you scrapbook. I do too. I used to pic the proper, smile at the camera, looking very sane pics for my kids books.

Now, I pick the crazy, totally not ready for the click but what a true representation of my kids pictures. I guess that shows that we are living in the moment and celebrating it!

'Murgdan' said...

A FUN day is always needed! :-)

Anonymous said...

Looks like a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

Hi. I don't mean to repeat a bunch of other people, but it looks like you had a fun day. I really liked the first picture.

Vicki said...

What a wonderful weekend. Too bad Vic had to work so he couldn't enjoy it with you guys. I bet it was tiring at the fair for Marty but I'm glad he was able to have fun too.

Anonymous said...

Kristin,
Looks like you were having a blast! I'm glad you had a gret time!

Michelle said...

Looks like you had a GREAT time!

KandiB said...

You guys look like you're having a good laugh over something. I love a good laugh - nothing better than that, except maybe your sister's dinner. Yumm! Now I'm hungry!

Ken's choice said...

looks like the best day out ever, lovely if there still is a family to visit, the meal looks fantastic, and the joke must have been a very funny one.
good for you.

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Go, Diego, Go! Alicia's on a mission, we're all goin' for a ride, Diego on a roll with baby Jaguar by his side ...

Hmm, now that song will be stuck in my head all day. ~LOL~

Looks like you had a great day all around. :)

battynurse said...

Sounds like a fun day!

*Tanyetta* said...

now that day sounds like a blast. i'm hungry looking at that plate now ;)

Sunny said...

What a blast! These are the kind of memories that live forever. :)

Delenn said...

Oh, that looks like so much fun--although I think I would have gotten sick on that up and down slide! That food looks yummy too. Like the stuffed anaconda--looks cuddly!