"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Penguins and penguins and more penguins...

I AM FINALLY DONE!!! Kristina, I really do have to apologize for how long this took. The stitching is all done and by the end of today it will be a completed wall hanging (a frakking HUGE wall hanging). This is a round robin Kristina started ages ago (please don't make me admit how long ago it was) and I volunteered to help finish stitching the penguins once the round robin was over. Out of 18 penguins, I stitched 3 penguins and the ground under 4 of them. With the fabric prepared to be stitched into a wall hanging, it measures 8 inches high and about 58 inches wide. If you want to see close ups of the penguins, click on the pictures.









And, the wall hanging fabric...



I hope you like it Kristina!

5 comments:

Velda said...

I am SO glad to see this one finally done, I too stitched on it. This has to have been one of my fave pieces ever! I can't wait to see it all done. Thomas is going to be THRILLED!

_ said...

Whew, that's one big piece. Love the fabbie for it. Congrats on getting the stitching finished up.

Chris said...

It is fabulous! Can't wait to see it all put together.

tina said...

yayyyyy! i am so excited. i have had such a crap day today i really needed to see this!

Margaret said...

Oh it looks great!!! I loved stitching on this one. Thomas is going to be so excited.