"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Saturday, October 25, 2008

SHOW AND TELL: It went.

So, my day started weirdly enough. Gabe actually let me sleep until 8:45. I got up and Vic stayed in bed (he has to work until 4 am). By 9:30 am, Gabe was in demanding 2 yr old mode and Joey had been doing nothing except whine, argue, and be a general PITA. You know its shaping up to be one hell of a day when you have had to threaten a kid with being sent to their room and an early bedtime before you even reach 10 am. UGH My next fun moment was when Gabe went into a total screaming meltdown about having his overalls taken off. By the time Vic got up at noon, I had had enough! I looked at Vic and said "I'm going out. I don't know where I'm going. I don't know what I'm doing. I don't know when I'll be back. BYE!"

I decided I was actually going to do it. I was going to donate my hair. So, I headed to the hair dresser. I think my friend Bean still has me beat for length of hair donated (she hit 22 inches) but I donated a bunch...20 plus inches! Here's the end result...




After I was done there, I still hadn't been away form home long enough so I went over and hung out with my mother-in-law for quite a while. 3 hrs away from my kids, a bit of peace and quiet, and a new hair cut did wonders for my mental state.

So whose next? Who is going to join Mel and I in our Locks of Love donations?

To see what everyone else is showing off this week, take a trip to visit the Goddess of the Infertility Blogosphere.

30 comments:

AnotherDreamer said...

Cute :)

Everyone seems to be getting hair cuts! (Not me though, I just finally got mine grown out to shoulder length!)

Malky B. said...

You look really good. I like the new look on you!

I'll post the recipe tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Kristin,
I love your new hairstyle! Good for you for getting out and away for some much needed me time! You look gorgeous!

Bean said...

Wow, 20 inches is impressive!!! You look GREAT!! Man, I wish I had curls :D

Michelle said...

I love it! It looks great on you!

cici said...

good for you.. It looks great!

battynurse said...

Looks great. I really like it. Glad you got some time away too.

CreoleInDC said...

You look soooooo cute! You're such a good person Kristin! Me lub you. :)

magickalstitches said...

It looks great!! And too funny...because for about the last week I have been telling myself mine's going, and that is exactly how I was thinking of getting mine cut too. It's just so damaged it needs to come off. Unfortunately though, I don't think I'll quite make the 10" length min. this time.

Delenn said...

You look 10 years younger! Ummm...not sure if I could get used to changing my own hairstyle. But everyone one is doing it! :-)

admin said...

Very cool. I would love to donate my hair if I hadn't chopped it off in the midst of an identy crisis last year:)
You look great... A new cut always does wonders for the mental state.

Rachel said...

Hi!

Nice hair cut! I like it, and I bet it feels *really* light on your head. I cut mine by 4 inches a few months ago, and I felt like someone took a weight off my locks. It was so very nice.

Rachel

JW Moxie said...

That's a great look for you! Your eyes are stunning!

_ said...

I love the new haircut! I donated my hair about 5 yrs ago to Locks of Love...it's an awesome way to help out those in need.

Sam said...

oooh very brave of you!!! I don't think that we do that kind of thing here in the UK. At least I wasn't aware of anything like that when I got my hair cut last year.

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Go you!!! I love it--your hair looks gorgeous. I know it's probably hard to see it so short (I'm still having a hard time!), but it looks fantastic.

JuliaS said...

My hair is past my shoulders, but I have never been able to get it to grow past my bra strap - it takes forever! Plus it's so fine and thin, no one would want it.

Anywho . . . the new 'do is tres chic! I like it. Is your hair naturally curly like that?

(Totally, totally jealous!)

Katla said...

You look fabulous!!! Congratuations!!

Dora said...

Love it!! Mine is only a little longer, so nothing to donate. Kristen, it's such a great cut for you. I agree with Delenn, it makes you look younger. Your stylist knew what he/she was doing. It has a real shape, which your long hair didn't have.

Beautiful Mess said...

I LOVE your new haircut! You look so beautiful! Congrats on 20 inches, that's AWESOME! My 11 year old daughter did it too, but only 11. I am very proud of her. I, too, have super curly hair, but I don't look good with short hair. My face isn't designed for it, whatever THAT means. I'm glad you were able to get away, how amazing did that feel?!
-D

Lori Lavender Luz said...

I love the look! And it's so great that you had such a huge amount of hair to donate.

Doesn't it feel great? In so many ways?

NHStitcher said...

It looks great!
I donated about 20 or so inches in July

Donielle said...

Wow, what a change!! Must feel weird though. :-)

Tammy said...

OMG, your new 'do looks incredible. I love it! Good for you, chopping it all off for such a worthy cause!

Glad your time away recharged your low mental battery.

Anonymous said...

That new look is really good on you! Kudos for the Locks of Love donation :)

(ICLW)

Lee said...

I love the new hair cut!!

Cara said...

It looks GREAT!!!!!!

Sorry so late to see, but you saw my current schedule.

I'm going to try to get to the award soon and post it on my blog, but I didn't have success last time!!!

How do you get those pic images to transfer?

Thanks again.

MrsSpock said...

You look gorgeous, daaahling!

Anonymous said...

i love what you guys are doing! That is so generous and you and Mel look awesome! Plus there are going to be some psyched little girls with such beautiful hair.

Pam Ringo said...

I LOVE IT!!! Kaleigh did that a few months back, but she only had 10 inches to donate. YOU GO GIRL!

Love ya! >MWAH<