"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Wowsers!

My youngest son continually amazes me with his imagination and creativity. Remember the volcano and the twister...



Well, Gabe decided that wasn't enough variety for one toy...one simple set of stacking cups. Gabe then built a Christmas tree. He added the little pink bowl (from a pet carrier toy) for the tree stand, a toilet paper roll for the trunk, and the beads as decorations...



Then he decided it wasn't quite enough and he rebuilt it and added another level...

8 comments:

Soralis said...

There is nothing like the imagination of a child. Must be nice to have a young mind that is open to possibilities! If only we couldn't stay that way for longer! :)

Jen J said...

That's AWESOME!!! What a naturally creative son you have Kristin! I hope that he continues to keep that part of his mind open - who knows what he'll be able to do!

I'm sure that you have a lot of Legos around the house (not sure why I say this, but you seem like the type of house that has a lot of Legos - that's not an insult btw) but Legos have been labelled "the perfect toy" because of all their benefits by Child Development experts. He's a bit young for them, but I can really see them having a huge impact on him in the future!

YIKES! I just wrote a book!

Shelly- Mom Files said...

I love it! I am sure he was delighted when it all came tumbling down!

Meari said...

The imagination of kids never cease to amaze me. Imagination and creativity is a good thing!

Beautiful Mess said...

What a beautiful Christmas tree! Isn't it amazing what they come up with? I just LOVE it!

Cara said...

Ahh - youngsters! I love the way they think. I want to think that way too!!

BTW - your most recent post "JuliaS" came up on my screen, but said it didn't exist when I clicked on it.

AnotherDreamer said...

lol! He's so clever!

Thanks for the heads up about Dora's blog. She had emailed me when she put the post up though :) Thanks for the well wishes to!

*Tanyetta* said...

He is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!