"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Ch-ch-ch-changes

As y'all might have noticed, there are changes going on around here. The look has change. The name has changed. But, at the heart of it, this is the same comfy online home I've built over the years.

During the Friday Blog Roundup on January 30th, Mel asked the question "What would you do if your blog no longer fit--change your title, change your space, stop blogging altogether, keep blogging in the same space and simply change the topic du jour even if all other aspects remain the same?" I had been contemplating a change to my blog for a while but thinking about this question spurred me on and got the change done quicker. After Gabe was born, I thought about the name of my blog and decided (at that time) to keep it as it was. Once The Fertile Infertile, always The Fertile Infertile. For almost 2 1/2 years, my posts were few and far between so all the changes and developments in my life weren't really shown here. Once I jumped back into blogging, I found myself writing about more and more things that are not strictly IF related. As this happened, it became evident that I needed to change this space to really represent me.

My first attempt at redecorating involved a premade dragon template. It wasn't exactly what i had envisioned but it got rid of the ever present dissatisfaction with how my blog looked. However, the more I wrote and the more involved I got, the more things I wanted on my sidebar. It was getting overrcowded and messy. So, I decided I wanted a new header, a new look, and a new name. Yeah, I don't do anything halfway.

With a lot of stops and starts, a lot of futzing with the code, many breaks for hair pulling and consultations with Velda, Pam, and Calliope, this is what I came up with. I love the colors and I love my dragon. Now, the name change is more than a simple change. Yes, I love dragons. Yes, I use the screen name dragondreamer in many online forums. However, the name of this blog, Dragondreamer's Lair, is so much more than just that. My new blog name represents the willingness to believe in the seemingly impossible. It represents the ability to stretch your definition of who you are and what you are capable of. It represents me and what I have become.

Welcome to the new digs. Settle in and get comfy because I intend to be around for a long time.

23 comments:

Velda said...

PERFECT~! I liked it yesterday but I love this much better! Fantastic :)

Lee said...

Loving your new look!!

Shelly- Mom Files said...

Wow, I am loving your new look! It's really easy on the eyes and I like the larger layout.

Lollipop Goldstein said...

I LOVE IT! The purple is so calming. You did a fantastic job.

JuliaS said...

Nice - new look is really nice! I agree with Lollopop (aka Mel) - the purple is very soothing and relaxing.

I nominated you for the Honest Scrap Award - head on over for details. :0)

Life After Infertility & Loss

Jen said...

Like the look - I widened my own blog because I liked not needing to scroll!

Jen J said...

I love the new look!!! Nicely done!

rys said...

It's very YOU, which is most important! I love it, the dragon graphic is very cool!

momofmanyblessings said...

Love it my friend !!!!!!!

Cara said...

Wow! I can't believe you did this by yourself - well with a little help.

This is awesome...and a 3rd column??? Damn girl - nice job.

Dora said...

Love it! It's beautiful. You're now higher on my alphabetical blogroll. I sometimes feel like the end of the alphabet doesn't get enough attention.

Michelle said...

I absolutely love the new name and the new look. Great job!

K said...

Love it!

AnotherDreamer said...

I love the new design and the new name :) Awesome.

Beautiful Mess said...

I love your new header and your new blog name! Good work!

Emma said...

It's looking fabulous Kristin. You've done a good job!

chicklet said...

Looks awesome:-)

Bean said...

It looks great, Kristin!! If you want to change your blogger domain, too - go to your blogger 'dashboard' then click on 'settings' :)

<3

'Murgdan' said...

I love the new header! Very nice.

Anonymous said...

Loving the new look!

Anonymous said...

Kristin,
I love it! It really respresents who you are! Good For You!

*Tanyetta* said...

LOVE the new look and I love the way you think. Always looking for ways to improve and be true to yourself. Me likes, Me likes :)

NHStitcher said...

I like it!