"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Saturday, February 07, 2009

SHOW AND TELL: My life is about to get really interesting...

or more interesting than normal. Joey's TKD studio is hosting a Korean TKD (kids') Demo team to come to our area and put on a huge exhibition.



Master Lee asked for families to volunteer to host one or more students for the week that they are here. We had volunteered to host one boy between the ages of 8 and 11 but they were short one space so Master Lee asked me if we would take another student. So, starting this Thursday, I am adding two boys to my house for one week...and they speak little or no English. Eek...what have I gotten myself into?

To fit two more kids into my house, the older two boys have volunteered to share a bed (they both have double beds) and the two visiting students will share a bed. We will be responsible for feeding them breakfast and dinner and transporting them to the studio in the morning and picking them up in the evening. Master Lee said don't worry about changing things for them. He said to carry on with our normal day to day life and cook our normal meals. I hope it goes smoothly.

*******************************************************************

NAME THAT CAR CONTEST

The winners are Beautiful Mess from Life induces thoughts, mostly random who suggested Millbarge as the name for my husband's Taurus and Cassandra from Baby Smiling In Back Seat who suggested Manatee for my van. Email me regarding your prizes.


*******************************************************************

BOOK CHALLENGE AND CONTEST FOR 2009

I am hosting a year long contest dealing with a reading challenge. Check out the details here and sign up in the comments section of that post. The ultimate winner will get a fabulous prize from me at the end of the year.

*******************************************************************

To see what everyone else in class is bringing to SHOW AND TELL, take a trip to visit the Miss Mel, Goddess of the Infertility Blogosphere.

17 comments:

JuliaS said...

Hee hee hee - have fun! What are you going to feed them? :0)

Delenn said...

Oh wow, talk about a challenge!

Lori Lavender Luz said...

I bet you'll have some stories to tell next week!

Good luck, and stock up on the wine.

HaleyMarieOlson said...

Good luck! You are a brave person!!

The Steadfast Warrior said...

I'm sure you'll manage it brilliantly! I'm sure they'll learn as much as you will.

Soralis said...

Wow that should keep you busy! Good luck!

Sam said...

oooh I would not like to be your shoes!! But I am sure that you'll have a great time, and as Lori says - stock up on the wine!

*Tanyetta* said...

There's a star on your crown waiting for you :

What a generous and sweet offer.

The boys are going to have a blast. I can't wait to hear all about it.

Cara said...

Now I KNOW I found my "tendency to over-commit" buddy! We are one in the same, you and I.

You can do it!!!

Megan said...

That sounds like a lot of fun. My family did something similar when I was younger. Have lots of fresh fruit on hand as everyone will eat fruit...

Brenna said...

How fun! Hope you all have a great time--I bet it'll be a wonderful experience for both sets of boys.

Beautiful Mess said...

How exciting! How are the boys taking it? Are they all excited, too?

AnotherDreamer said...

Oh wow, have fun! And Good Luck! If nothing else, it will be an experience.

AwkwardMoments said...

Holy Cow! I hope this will be a fun challenge for you

battynurse said...

Wow. That should be an interesting experience.

MrsSpock said...

All those boys- eek!

*Tanyetta* said...

They'll be here TODAY right?????

Biting my nails. Can't wait to hear about the update :)