"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Vacuum vs. The Volcano

Gabe has been obsessed with volcanoes lately. The other day we spent a long time talking about dormant volcanoes and how they were "asleep" because he saw an episode of Diego that focused on underwater volcanoes.

Today, we were watching Max and Ruby today and Ruby made a paper mache volcano. Gabe insisted I make him a paper volcano. I tried to tell him I couldn't but, the more I said no, the more insistent he got. So, finally, it dawned on me that I could roll the paper like I was making a cone for a paper party hat and just leave the top open. Then, Gabe took the "volcano" and put it on the floor. He told me that the "volcano was a mountain that exploded and red hot lava runs down the side. See?" Hehehe, Gabe told me the volcano exploded all over my floor and made a mess. Then he said he had to vacuum up the mess the volcano made and went and got his toy vacuum to clean up after the volcano.

7 comments:

Dora said...

So cute!

Chris said...

Does he think you could clean up after a real volcano that way?
He is sooo creative.

Kim said...

So cute! It would be great if lava could be cleaned up with a vacuum!
ICLW

ME said...

How adorably adorable is that??

Kid's say and do the darndest things don't they?

Thanks for visiting my blog!

VA Blondie said...

That is too cute!

Thanks for the comment on my blog. It was a nice day because I got to do something I enjoy. It was even better when I got to leave on time!

Shelly- Mom Files said...

aww, what a cutie!! I see you all are Nogginheads too ♥

Meari said...

LOL, that is so funny. Kids have a wonderful imagination!