I guess I'm one of the people who make lemonade...or as Soralis says, maybe I'm the pause that refreshes (hehe, don't know why that strikes me as funny but it does). I was given the Lemonade Stand Award by Soralis.
Here are the rules for The Lemonade Stand Award:
1. You must link back to the person you received the award from.
2. You have to nominate 10 bloggers who are deserving of this award!
So, thank you Soralis. The following people are either the pauses that refresh me or they have made lemons into lemonade. I'm going to nominate Beautiful Mess, Stacie, Lori, Kym, Rebel, Robin (my stitchy friend), Cara, MiPa, Bean, and Angrycanrn.
I also got nominated for the Honest Scrap Award by the wonderful JuliaS and the fabulous Cara. I've been wondering where it started and what the creator of the award wanted it to stand for. I googled it and found varying meanings but never found the creator. According to one blogger, "This award is about bloggers who post from their heart, who oftentimes put their heart on display as they write from the depths of their soul." Another blogger says, "Scrap means left overs, fragments, discarded material, and many times truth and honesty is discarded material, considered fragments and left over. So, we need to tell it like it is, and let the scraps fall where they will."
The rules of the award:1) Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content, design, or honesty.2) Show the 7 winners names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with "Honest Scrap." Well, there's no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.3) List at least 10 honest things about yourself.
10 Honest Things About Me
- I have very little patience for people who are willfully ignorant or stoopid. The key here is the WILLFUL part.
- I love and retain the oddest trivial facts...so does my hubby. If they ever had a couples version of Jeopardy, we would kick ass.
- I both love and hate having big boobs. They are great because my hubby loves them and they balance out my hips. However, they are also a pain in the
assback. I have to buy a larger size up top to accommodate them. I've had to custom order my bras for years (but yay, manufacturers finally have caught up and make a 38 L). I simply can NOT comprehend why people would pay to have boobage this size.
- I hated my curly hair when I was little. When I lived in Hawaii, I was stuck with the nickname Bird's Nest for the entire 2 years we were there.
- I was LAZY with my learning when I was in college. I avoided classes that would make me really have to work and stretch my brain (like organic chemistry). I really regret that now.
- I am a nerd and a geek at heart. I love learning about things...how they work, how they are made, new scientific theory, new knowledge about genetics and reproduction.
- I am really scared that I will lose my husband some day. When he was a firefighter, the thought of losing him in a fire terrified me. Now, I am scared that his diabetes will continue to be a BIG issue and will take him from me long before I'm ready.
- I come across as being self confident and secure and most of the time I am. However, there is a little part of me that is desperately insecure. I think it goes back to all the teasing and exclusionary behavior I was subjected to in middle school (damn kids are cruel).
- My dorm in college sponsored a "Come As You Aren't" Party. I wore a royal blue teddy, fishnet stockings, and a pair of 4 inch strappy heels. I was not wearing the most revealing costume there.
- I can do fairly complicated math problems in my head. I picture a blackboard in my mind and actually write the problem out on it.
Oh crap, while I can do complex math problems in my head, I obviously can't count and listed 8 instead of 7 recipients. Deal with it...LOL.