"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Does anybody know what kind of flower this is?





It just bloomed in the middle of my backyard and it is beautiful. I am almost 100% certain it is a perennial (has a root/bulb structure similar to a lily). I think that flower would look lovely in front of my flower bed full of daffodils. I would love to buy some to plant next year.

13 comments:

GINA and KEV said...

I think it's a crocus. I'm so jealous!

And I've nominated you for the Sisterhood Award! See my blog for more info... <3

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristin-
I nominated you for the Honest Scrap Award at
http://bottomsoffandonthetable.blogspot.com/

Shelly- Mom Files said...

I have no clue but it sure is pretty and I love your photos. I bet they were taken with your new camera ☻

Lady Nunn said...

I was gonna guess crocus as well!

And ps: pics of your hats are up. :) http://preemiepresents.blogspot.com/

princessoftides said...

Yep. A crocus. And a very pretty one at that!

..al said...

Gorgeous blooms those!

I really have no idea what they are...but I would love to have them in my backyard! ;)

Emma said...

Another vote for crocus. They are very pretty!

'Murgdan' said...

I have some of those same crocus planted in a bed with some daffodils. They are so great--always the first to make an arrival in late winter/early spring!

Velda said...

Absolutely a crocus. But I love the daffodils more, of course ;)

Anonymous said...

A crocus, indeed. Just plant them between your daffodills. They will come back the next year, like the daffodills. They will be bright splashes of purple in a see of yellow...

They are everywhere here in the Netherlands. Every spring they are among the first to show their face. A sure sign spring is coming. I love them!

*ICLW*

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. Blackmail photo's indeed!

Meari said...

Purple flower is crocus. Lucky you!

*Tanyetta* said...

LOVE those flowers! I don't have a green thumb at all :)

MrsSpock said...

My guess is crocus as well.