For Day 6, Calliope asked "When was the last time you tried something new? What was it and what was the result? Have you ever done something just so that you could blog about it?" Hmmmm, the last time I tried something new...
- I helped Marty try a brand new crock pot recipe tonight. He did a pretty good job and it was nice not having to make dinner.
- I'm deconstructing (a first) a dress and think I'm making it into a skirt I can take to BlogHer.
- I've decided on a little twist to my purple hair color...definitely new...can't wait.
- I played a most excellent new game (a big thanks to Mel aka Lollipop Goldstein) called What's Gnu? It's a super cool spelling game for kids.
- I don't think I've ever done something JUST so I could blog about it but I frequently think "Hmmm, that would be a hell of a lot of fun and it would make a good story."
Today, on Day 7, Calliope asked "What’s your favorite thing to eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner? Do you read food blogs or would you ever consider writing one?"
- If time and effort weren't an issue, I would love an omelet with bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, sausage and cheese...heavy on the veggies...for breakfast.
- I can't say I really have a favorite lunch. Wraps with lettuce, tomatoes, some kind of meat, maybe a little spicy mustard, and a little cheese are good. Some days I like cottage cheese and mandarin oranges does the trick.
- Dinner is also something that I don't have a clear favorite food for. Time and, sadly, money influence dinner selections a lot. I love experimenting in the kitchen and I also love cooking some of the classics every now and then.
- As for food blogs, I have a few I read. One of my all time favorites is She's Becoming DoughMessTic. She's funny, seriously talented, and a really sweet person on top of it all. I don't know that I have it in me to write a food blog all the time but it might be cool to contribute to a group food blog.