"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Thursday, July 28, 2011

TastyTuesday on Thursday: Cookies (temp added)

...more specifically (until I come up with a better name) Coconut Cheesecake Chocolate Chip Cookies. I was playing in the kitchen last weekend and honestly meant to post this on Tuesday but life got in the way. I think this recipe may need a little tweaking but it's pretty damned delicious as it is.


Coconut Cheesecake Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients
1 1/4 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 box of cheesecake pudding
3 cups flour
2 cups coconut
1 bag (12 oz) of chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream together butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla. Set aside. In separate bowl, mix soda, salt, pudding mix, and flour. Slowly add dry mixture to wet mixture, mixing thoroughly as you go. Fold in coconut and chocolate chips. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Can yield up to 5 dozen cookies (it all depends on how much dough you eat while making them).

These are really a delicious variation of our old favorite, the chocolate chip cookie. They really deserve a better name than they have. Anyone have a suggestion for me?

5 comments:

Jo said...

No name suggestions, but OMG those sound delicious! Can you post the oven temperature, as I am terrible at guessing those things. I want to make these this weekend!

Lori Lavender Luz said...

These sound AMAZING! Did you come up with this? Impressive.

I'm adding these ingredients to my grocery list.

JW Moxie said...

I want these for breakfast. Right now.

Lauren said...

Holy crap. Must make.

Jo said...

These were awesome. I got rave reviews from my whole family.

I do have a question, though, oh cookie guru: my cookies did not "spread" the way I thought they were supposed to. What should I do differently? The taste wasn't effected, but then ended up smaller in diameter and thick, as opposed to a little wider and a little thinner. Still delicious!

And as for the name: How about Mocha Cocoa Cookies? (I was at Starbucks today when I thought of that). :-)

Thanks again for the recipe. I'll be adding it to my cookie repetoire!