"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Sunday, July 03, 2011

My Guilty Pleasures

Welcome to Day 3 of Calliope's blogging summer camp. Today, we're talking about our guilty pleasures. I'm not really sure if I can claim to have guilty pleasures because I don't feel bad or guilty about liking any of these things. However, there are things I absolutely love...
  • I adore good chocolate...sinfully rich, absolutely decadent chocolate.
  •  I love to read and can lose myself in books. I read everything from romances to biographies to history. If it's good, I read it.
  • Give me a really good bottle of champagne and I'm a happy camper...pair it with some of those decadent chocolates from number 1 and I'm in heaven.
  • I truly love to sleep in. The feeling you get when you gently wake up without kids yelling or alarms blaring is amazing. It's too bad it happens so infrequently.
  • I LOVE shoes. I love flats and sandals and boots and sky high heels. If space and money weren't an issue, I would gladly have a walk in closet filled with with nothing but shoes.
  • I really love high thread count sheets. They feel soooooo good on my freshly shaved legs.
What are some of your not so guilty pleasures?


Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I'm like you - I don't really have a guilty pleasure. There's nothing I won't admit to without shame.

Lollipop Goldstein said...

I am so with you on the sleeping in thing. I'm with you also on chocolate and shoes, but it's the sleep one that had me nodding.

Sheliza said...

I love beer way too much.
I love cheesecake and red velvet cake way too much.
I love the internet way too much.
I am an over-achiever in the guily pleasures department ;-)

Stacie said...

I am another lover of sleep. Thankfully, two of the three boys love it just as much as I do. :-)

battynurse said...

I don't know if it's a guilty pleasure but there is a perfume I LOVE and it has Britney Spears name on it. Never dreamed I would like anything with her name on it.
I'll take the sleeping in too.

JP said...

It took me a while to understand why high thread count sheets were the only ones soft like the ones we had growing up. I knew my mom didn't buy luxury sheets for us. Turns out that old, worn in, washed hundreds of times sheets are very nice too.