"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Monday, July 18, 2011

Catch Me If You Can

I have been a bad, bad summer camper. My attendance has been haphazard and I'm going to try and do a little catch up today. I hope head counselor Calliope will forgive me.

Day 18
Our question today is How do you feel about astrology? What’s your sign, baby, and do you think it matches your personality? I don't take astrology seriously but I do have fun with it. I'm a Sagittarius and, baby, I'll claim all the good qualities of a Sag...
"Sagittarians have a positive outlook on life, are full of enterprise, energy, versatility, adventurousness and eagerness to extend experience beyond the physically familiar. They enjoy traveling and exploration, the more so because their minds are constantly open to new dimensions of thought. They are basically ambitious and optimistic, and continue to be so even when their hopes are dashed. Their strongly idealistic natures can also suffer many disappointments without being affected. They are honorable, honest, trustworthy, truthful, generous and sincere, with a passion for justice. They are usually on the side of the underdog in society they will fight for any cause they believe to be just, and are prepared to be rebellious. They balance loyalty with independence."
and I'll just avoid the bad vibes given off by the negative qualities. Definitely don't want to harsh my mellow.

Day 17
What is your favorite thing about the weekend? Do you take a break from blogs or is this when you catch up? I love getting to sleep in. I love that, on weekends, we usually don't have a set schedule and we just get to go with the flow. Sadly, with my husband's work schedule, the weekend is not a guarantee of us having more time together. As for blogging on weekends, I don't necessarily take a break then but I guess that I'm a bit more likely to take a break on the weekend.

Day 15
What was your college experience like? Were you involved in any clubs, groups, etc? If you did not go to college what was your experience like after high school? College was a really incredible experience for me. I think I finally came into my own during college and really gained a lot of self-confidence. Since I was willing to talk about anything and everything, I somehow ended up giving sexual advice to the people on my floor. I ended up gaining a reputation as the Dr. Ruth of my freshmen dorm. I also helped re-establish the Duke Democrats (I'm an avowed Libertarian now) with a dear friend...who I get to see in San Diego when I''m there for BlogHer (Hi Mike!). I also hung out with my friend Mike and his fraternity brothers. I got to go to most of their semi-formals which was incredible. I was vice-president of the Duke Equestrian team and spent one year as the treasurer for my dorm. I also was a member of the Lambda Nu chapter of Alpha Phi Omega - a co-ed service fraternity. And, speaking of dorms, I lived in the coolest dorm on campus. I guess the "popular" groups might have considered us a group of weirdos but we always had fun. We hosted a yearly "Come As You Aren't" party. We were a bunch of sci-fi geeks and Duke basketball fanatics. We hosted High Tea & Croquet on The Lawn. It was a fucking AWESOME place to live. And, OMG, DUKE BASKETBALL...getting to go to games in Cameron Indoor Stadium, camping out in Krzyzewskiville, face painting, and screaming ourselves hoarse.  Can you tell I loved my college years?

Sigh, I was going to try and catch up all the way but I have truly been a slack ass camper. I guess I'll have to do a few more multi day posts.

So, thoughts on astrology, tell me about your weekends, and what was college like for you? Spill it y'all. Inquiring minds want to know.

5 comments:

Trish said...

I'm a cancer, but I don't really keep up with the whole astrology thing.
I love weekends! We generally relax and sometimes hang out with friends. We live where we grew up, so we have some very long-term friends here.
College was pretty awesome. I love to learn, and met some great friends along the way.

The Animated Woman said...

I don't take Astrology seriously, but I do like the details surrounding it. I'm an Aquarius. Weekends are flying by way too fast these days. And what the heck is Duke Basketball?

Lynn said...

You're not such a bad summer camper.....I haven't even started my posts yet! I'm terrible!!

As for my sign, I'm on the cusp between Sagitarrius and Scorpio. I have some of the best and worst traits of both! The Hubs says I'm more Scorpio than Sagitarrius, but I don't always know about that, lol!

Meari said...

I'm an aquarius and the sign tends to suit me really well, except for the outgoing part.

College years? Heck, I've been a career college student. I haven't had the typical "fun" college time like other students as I've always had the "real life" stuff to take care of... full time jobs, sometimes even additional part time jobs, marriage, divorce, and home. College is a means to an end... better jobs and better pay.

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Fellow Sag and Libertarian here. Ain't we awesome?