"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

It didn't stand the test of time...

I got into my van this morning to take Marty to cooking class. As I cranked the engine, the dulcet tones of Peter Cetera wafted through the van and I started singing along...

You are my love in my life
And you are my inspiration
to self...why are you singing? It isn't that good...continue singing with the song...
What is this dreck I'm singing  (Just you 'n me, Simple and free)
These songs really did suck badly (Baby you're everything)
Nothing I've ever dreamed of (I've ever dreamed of Yeah, yeah)

Give me a break from this shit (Give me your own special smile)
Promise me it will end (Promise you'll never leave me)
Just give me rock and roll, (Just you 'n me, Simple and free)
It's so much better for my soul, oh man (Life is so easy when you're beside me, Oh girl)

So, I didn't make it through the whole song before we got where we were going...but, you get the idea. What song do you think could use a makeover?

2 comments:

Huntress said...

"If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands"
If you're postal and you know it...

ON THE GROUND, MF**ER!
(sorry, couldn't resist)

Lynn said...

Oh, there are so many, many songs I could name here! Lol! However - and let me preface this by saying I am not generally a fan of country music but some of the girls in my office are so we occasionally wind up listening to it - there is a song called "8-Second Ride" (I think) that makes me shudder. I have no idea who sings it, but the lyric "I said climb on up but, honey, watch the cup where I'll be spittin' my dip tonight" seriously makes me feel ill. I find myself gagging when I hear it. Surely there's no need to be so nasty in a song? *Shudder* Even thinking of it makes me feel ill. Yuck.