Welcome to both Day 10 of Calliope's blogging summer camp and the latest edition of Tasty Tuesday.
One of the things I LOVE about summer time is the wonderful selection of fresh veggies available. And, one of my favorite ways to prepare them is also one of the easiest.
Roasted Fresh Veggies
This can be made with any type of fresh veggies...sweet potatoes and potatoes are also good options.
3 yellow squash
2 large onions
1 cup baby carrots
4 cloves of garlic
a little salt
1)Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2) Cut veggies into large chunks. I quartered the squash and zucchini lengthwise. Then, I cut them into chunks about 1 inch thick.
3) Put all the veggies into large baking dish
4) Mince the garlic and mix it with the veggies
5) Drizzle the veggies with olive oil and soy sauce
6) Mix it up thoroughly and lightly salt
7) Roast veggies for about 35 - 40 minutes
I love to eat these veggies either on their own or over rice.