"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Saturday, July 09, 2011

Friday Night Leftovers: the non-mashup edition

Sadly, this week you are deprived of the brilliance of a mashup post. I have nothing to mash the leftovers into because there is no Photo Friday...and blog summer camp doesn't mash together well with Friday Night Leftovers from the brilliant Danifred.
  • I wasted 40 minutes laughing hysterically over damnyouautocorrect.com ...40 inutes that I could have been blogging or writing or editing or whatever.
  • It's all Kim's fault...Kim and that damned Steve Wozniak...oh yeah, and the founders of Twitter because a tweet made me go there.
  • I wouldn't trade those 40 minutes for anything because I spent those 40 minutes laughing uproariously with my 14 yr old. It was priceless.
  • I spent the week teaching leading vacation bible school kidlets from event to event. It's amazing how tired such a simple activity can leave you.
  • Or, maybe I'm really tired because I stayed up way to freaking late most of the week.
  • My son says I'm not allowed to appear within 5 miles of him if I am wearing either this shirt or this shirt.
  • He says he won't even let me where this one around him.
  • It just makes me want to buy one even more.
  • By the way, if that third tee shirt doesn't make sense, go read this post by The Bloggess. Seriously, go read it. It is one of the funniest things I have ever read...even on the 30 millionth reading.
  • BTW, when I was threatening to buy and wear a Beyonce the Chicken t-shirt, Marty pushed the button on Joey's clone trooper helmet and it said "Get ready to turn those clankers into scrap metal." 
  • If you don't understand why that's funny, you obviously didn't follow my instructions to GO READ THIS POST.
  • Marty cooked dinner last night. He made Mexican Chili Chicken. It was awesome.
  • I'm sensing a chicken theme here. Does it mean something?
  • I guess technically it was two nights ago since it is technically Saturday.
  • Marty said it isn't morning until you get to 8 am. I was going to say it wasn't morning until you wake up...but what if you don't wake up until 12 pm or later? That would be a serious time paradox.
  • I think I am a little punchy...slap happy...or as Gabe would put it ridicleeeous. Lack of sleep and multiple nausea inducing migraines (fucking summer thunderstorms) in one week destroy my tenuous facade of a productive and sane person.
  • Shhhhhhhh, don't tell anyone.

6 comments:

Mrs. Gamgee said...

OMG, so funny! I'm really hoping that you're feeling better soon, hon!

Stacie said...

Lol. Love it! I would totally wear that shirt!

Jeni said...

Hi there- stopping by from FNL! I also have laughed uproariously at damnyouautocorrect! And like you, stay up way too late most nights. Hope you're having a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

See - now I'm spending too much time looking at that site. Darn you, woman! :-)

Danifred said...

I love the autocorrect stuff. Truly hilarious!

What's wrong with those shirts? I'd wear them :)

Quiet Dreams said...

Damn you, Kristin! I'm at work, trying to stifle my laughter, and just hoping I don't start crying.

"Knock-knock, motherfucker."