"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Friday, July 01, 2011

Photo Friday Night Leftovers

The mashup tradition continues here at the Lair...once again brought to you via Calliope's Photo Friday and Danifred's Friday Night Leftovers...
  • Photo Friday's theme this week is vibrance. The first thing I thought of when I heard the theme were the vibrant colors of summer flowers...but, I was a slacker this week and all of a sudden it was Friday and I didn't have any new flower pictures. So, I looked through the pictures I've taken recently and this picture said vibrance...the beautiful colors...the striking design...I love it. 
  • I have a high school student now. Marty has officially registered for high school and I'm wondering how in the hell more than 14 yrs have passed since I brought that baby home.
  • I think Calliope stole my mashup idea. Check it out. The link to her Photo Friday also takes you to her Summer Camp post.
  • I think I need to bathe my dogs in Nair hair remover. I vacuum the floor and, less than 2 hours after I'm done, there is more dog hair on the floor.
  • Did I tell you I have a cat on allergy medicine? Twice a day I have to give Joey's kitty, Butterball, an allergy pill. It's not much fun but it works. He's no longer sneezing and slinging snot everywhere.
  • The funny thing is the cat takes the exact same allergy pill as I do. Yes, I share meds with the cat. The medicine of choice for nasal allergies in cats is the same medicine I've taken for my allergies since I was 6 yrs old.
  • I'm watching Joey at Tae Kwon Do sparring class right now. Two of the adults have already injured themselves. I'm glad kids are more elastic and bounceable.
  • Late last week I hat 10 boys in my house at once...and my house and I both survived. The testosterone overload was almost unbearable though.
What kind of stuff is going on with you?

8 comments:

Mrs. Gamgee said...

Ten boys at once? You are a brave brave woman!

Lollipop Goldstein said...

High school is mind-blowing.

I don't know why, but I'm cracking up over the cat on allergy meds. Perhaps because I have to take allergy meds when I'm around cats.

Solitary Diner (Also Known as The Frugalish Physician) said...

Great photo.

Kakunaa said...

I need pet nair, too. Same problem here!

Carrie said...

Here from blogging camp.

Beautiful picture!
I would not want to have to give a cat allergy medicine. Yikes!

battynurse said...

Lol on the cat allergy medicine. My cat takes heart medicine daily that is a human blood pressure medication. Once when I ran out of my BP med I took their heart medication. It was the same class of meds(beta blockers) and it held me over for a couple days till mine came in the mail.
Wow on the 10 boys at once. I thought we were brave that when I was a teenager Me, my dad and two best friends took 5 little boys camping for 4 days.

Calliope said...

LOVE the photo!!
and I promise my mashup was just lazy blog posting ;-)

Danifred said...

Holy cow with 10 boys. Yikes! I can't even fathom high school, but I know it will be here soon enough.