"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

SHOW AND TELL: Christmas in Pictures

Welcome to our weekly expedition into the land of Show and Tell. Y'all know Show and Tell is wasted on the elementary schoolers. Join us weekly to show off an item, tell a story, and get the attention of the class. In other words, this is Show and Tell 2.0.

I promise that I won't continue to inundate you with Christmas stuff after today but I just had to share these pictures. Of course, all pics are clickable for closeup viewing.

my 3 crazy boys

Joey, armed and dangerous

from L to R: my BIL John (married to Keri), my dad, my sis Becky

my niece Kayla and her mom, my sis Keri

my Bil Jose (Vic's younger brother)

my niece Brianne (Keri's other daughter) and Gabe

from L to R: my MIL Ruth, my mom, my hubby Vic

my BIL Trevor (married to Becky) and my MIL
She had just told the grandkids to come say Merry Christmas if they wanted their money so Trevor came bouncing up saying Merry Christmas. She nearly fell out of her chair laughing.
*****************************************
BTW, the decade ends NEXT YEAR...we start counting our years with 1 C.E. (or A.D. as it use to be called) so the first decade ended at 10 C.E. and this decade and millennium started in 2001 C.E. and ends in 2010 C.E.
*****************************************
All Book Challenge participants, please check the previous post for info.
*****************************************
To see what everyone else in class is bringing to SHOW AND TELL, take a trip to visit the Miss Mel, Goddess of the Infertility Blogosphere.

8 comments:

Lori Lavender Luz said...

I like seeing your family.

And thanks for pointing out that we AREn't at the end of the decade. I thought I was the only buzzkill/counting stickler.

Quiet Dreams said...

I really love that photo of the boys by the tree.

RE: the whole decade thing...I understand that you and LL are right, but I think it's a losing battle, gals. You (we?) can just feel superior knowing that we know the truth. LOL.

Soralis said...

Great Pics!

The Decade thing is all just too confusing to me! :)

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Awww, I love happy family pictures! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

They look like they're having fun. Fun is so important all the time but at Christmas even more !

Anonymous said...

It is nice to see your family. Happy New Year.

Cara said...

Kristin - the images of your family's laughter stay with me. This is not the first time I've seen genuine joy on the faces of the women in your family. Thanks for sharing so much of yourself.

tanyetta said...

Your family is so full of love and laughter! LoL@your BIL jumping up for Grandma! Now you know that was too funny!