"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Monday, December 21, 2009

Me at Christmas

I saw this meme on both Stacie's and Delenn's blogs and decided I had to join in the fun.

Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends. Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, and try not to be a SCROOGE!!! Just copy this entire post. Change all the answers so that they apply to you. Then post this on your blog.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper unless I'm really desperate
2. Real tree or Artificial? Real...I tried to talk myself into a fake tree one year and it was a pointless attempt
3. When do you put up the tree? usually around the middle of December
4. When do you take the tree down? around January 6th...it has to stay up through Epiphany
5. Do you like eggnog? yum, yum...especially if it has rum and nutmeg in it
6. Favorite gift received as a child? the complete Black Stallion book series
7. Hardest person to buy for? I don't have anyone that is really hard to buy for
8. Easiest person to buy for? my kids are so easy to buy for
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? mail
11. Worst Christmas ever? can't name a really bad one but the ones when we were going through loss after loss were tough
12. Favorite Christmas Movie(s)? Rudolph
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I don't have a set date. This year I actually picked something up in January.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? nope
15 .Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Swedish Coffee Cake
16. Lights on the tree? oh yes, miniature multi-colored bulbs
17. Favorite Christmas song? it depends on the moment but I love Winter Wonderland and Mary, Did You Know?
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? usually stay home
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donder, and Blitzen (Rudolph came later)...and I did that without Google
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? the fact that the merchandising gets earlier and earlier each year
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? we have no theme, if I like it, it goes on the tree
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Turkey, ham, stuffing, mashed taters, sweet taters, veggies, rolls, etc
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? a new year full of good health for my fam (and maybe a little girl...) I'm stealing Stacie's answer.

Now it's your turn. If you play, please leave me the link so I can read your answers.

16 comments:

Mrs. Gamgee said...

I love this! I wish I would have come across it before I wrote my ICLW intro. I'll use it tomorrow tho.

I whole heartedly agree on the Eggnog!

Carrie27 said...

I played along. Thanks for making my post easy ;)
http://tellithowitis.typepad.com/my_weblog/2009/12/its-beginning-to-look-a-lot-like-christmas.html

Stacie said...

Lol about talking yourself into a fake tree. I did the same thing only to stick with a real tree at the last minute. :-) Great answers!

Anonymous said...

Someone else who puts Rum in Egg Nog? Amazing. Everyone I meet thinks I'm insane for doing that.

surrey said...

A merry X Mas to all....

..al said...

Very beautiful...hope your Christmas wish for your family will come true...

Anonymous said...

I have several people that are difficult to buy for. Usually I can be very creative. This year it was like I have been burned out trying to think of good gifts for people.

Delenn said...

Love your answers. Gotta try rum in the eggnog--I never have! I often have tried to talk myself into a real tree--but my umbrella tree is so damn easy! ;-)

JEN said...

I'll take a little girl too :)

Hampers said...

It was nice to go through your question on Christmas. I will post my set of question very soon. Have a wonderful Christmas.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy you liked my survey. THank you for checking out my blog!

Alana said...

What a super list! I am soooo stealing this for my blog, thanks! :)

Alana said...

Back with my link: http://alana-isms.blogspot.com/2009/12/me-at-christmas.html

:)

Trinity said...

Fun list! I'd like to concur with you that I take down my tree in early December, but I didn't take down my tree from last Christmas until almost...MARCH. I should be embarrassed about that, right? I have no excuse... ;)

I may just nab your list for my blog as well. Happy ICLW!

Frank Jump said...

Enjoy the holiday! Cherish the quiet moments. Revel in the chaos of ritual.
Best, Frank

Emma said...

http://hearth-and-home.blogspot.com/2009/12/at-last-i-have-big-christmas-tree-weve.html

I played along! It's about time I made a Christmas post :)