"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Friday, December 18, 2009

16 years ago today

16 years ago today, Adam Michael Seip was born still into this world. He was such a beautiful baby and he was the 3rd son of one of the most wonderful women I know. Chris is also one of my best friends. Chris sent me a message about Adam's birthday today and said "#16 today-he'd be getting his driver's license. i feel like i'm the only one left who really remembers him as a live, kicking, hiccuping baby. i feel so alone and so sad."

Please help me let Chris know she isn't alone and that there are other people out there who will help her remember.


*It's snowing. We have snow for Adam's birthday.

15 comments:

Busted said...

Please tell your friend we're remembering her little one too. I can only hope that in 15 years I'm not the only one that remembers our Doodles. Much love to her.

CreoleInDC said...

Aw geez...sweetie...my heart aches for you.

I pray you found peace today.

battynurse said...

Sending many warm wishes and hugs her way on this difficult day.

The Steadfast Warrior said...

Sending warm thoughts...

Erica said...

I don't know what to say but I am sending my hugs and warm thoughts to Chris.

Soralis said...

Hugs to your friend.

April said...

Our babies are never forgotten. Please let Chris know that we remembered with her today.

Tiff said...

I know her pain, please tell her to stay strong, I am thinking of her.

Stacie said...

Sending love and hugs to your friend and you...

Julia said...

I am coming up on our third anniversary. 16 seems so far away. And yet, I think I can see it from here.

Remembering Adam with your friend and you.

MrsSpock said...

Remembering with you...

AnnaBelle said...

Here through LFCA.

A few days late but thinking of Chris and Adam. Our precious, lost ones are never forgotten.

Dora said...

Thinking of you and your friend.

Jamie said...

I am thinking of you and your friend and sending Adam birthday wishes.

JuliaS said...

Belated birthday wishes and remembering your friend's son.

The early anniversaries were hard, but I still find some of the later ones - particularly the "milestone" ones like starting school, driver's license to be particularly sharp. :0( Part of the anticipation of having a baby is the expectation of seeing them grow from infant to child to teen to adult and all those requisite amazing moments in between. Sometimes it seems as though it is only us baby loss mama's that really get that and continue to remember it, even as the years pass by.

Many gentle good wishes to you and your friend Chris.