"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Bullets Flying All Around...

I think I am ready for school to be back in. Marty and Joey are getting on each others nerves and I may have to kill one of them if vacation lasts much longer. This morning they were fighting over who had the most time on the Wii yesterday. I might have to make it off limits if that keeps up.

If you got a new Wii, new Wii games, or any Nintendo gear, go to Club Nintendo online and register it. You can earn virtual coins which can earn you prizes.

Just when the kids piss you off royally (fighting over the Wii), they get back on your good side by being helpful and nice to each other.

***ALERT, ALERT, FREE STUFF*** For all fellow Romance novel fans, go to All Romance Ebooks, and sign up for their newsletter. The email will give you the link to 175 free Romance Novels. Yeah, I said 175. They are available in a multitude of formats including PDF so you can read them on your computer if you are still without an eBook reader.

I've gone through1/2 of a large jug of vinegar making Gabe's Christmas volcanoes explode.

I love, love, love the Wii and desperately want to get Wii Fit Plus. Sounds like it would be a lot of fun. So far I haven't had a chance to do much except Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort but I have had fun with both of them.

I finished a HUGE craft project I was working on and it is going in the mail tomorrow. Y'all will get to see pictures soon. Now that it is done, I can get back to my PIF craft projects. I haven't forgotten you guys.

My reading has slowed way, way down due to the holidays and that big craft project. Sadly, I don't think I'm going to make it past 90 books this year. ALL BOOK CHALLENGE PARTICIPANTS...I will have a post up on January 1st for you to check in with your final total. I'd love for you to check in whether or not you made your goal. Since I know some of y'all had rough years, there will be a prize drawing for those who made their goal and there will be a drawing for those who didn't (but tried anyway).

I'm learning to knit. I've mastered casting on and hope to have actually knitted something small soon.

What are y'all doing for New Year's Eve? We are just hanging out here. We'll watch the ball from Times Square and the acorn from here in Raleigh drop on TV. I do have to go get the champagne today though.

So, what's going on with you?

3 comments:

Meari said...

I don't think I'm doing anything on NYE. We're due for more snow and I don't like being out in it anymore than I have to.

Happy 2010 to you!

Anonymous said...

Kristin,
Hang in there with the kids. I can see how it can be fighting over the Wii system. So it is in the mail? I can't wait to see pics.

Our New Years will be spent here at home. Bill, William and I always watch the ball drop and then give each other big hugs. I always get emotional.

Happy New Year to you and your family.

Hugs, Carolyn

battynurse said...

Funny, I was thinking today that maybe I should learn to knit. I don't know if I need the expense of another hobby though.