"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Monday, December 21, 2009

Perfect Moment Monday: In Snow's Thrall

Lori over at Weebles Wobblog says that "Perfect Moment Monday is more about noticing a perfect moment than about creating one. Perfect moments can be momentous or ordinary or somewhere in between."

Friday, we got our first snow of the season. Sadly, we fell on the dividing line that separated snow covered ground from nothing left around. But, the wonderful, magical first snow of the season did provide me with a perfect moment. I got to see that my almost teen, Marty, isn't such a teen that he can't get caught up in the magic of snow.

Go check out the other perfect moments at this week's Perfect Moment Monday on Weebles Wobblog.
****************************************
Finally, HAPPY ICLW Y'ALL!
****************************************
And, don't forget to check out (and sign up for) my first big giveaway from uPrinting.com

14 comments:

In Due Time said...

Jealous that snow even flirted with y'all!

We hit 28 this morning, in FLORIDA! Oh the sin! No snow, though. :-(

calliope said...

what a sweet photo!

Lori Lavender Luz said...

I LOVE it!

The snow is mesmerizing.

When I don't have to shovel it :-)

Lynn said...

Oh! I wish we could get a bit of the snow that's been plaguing the rest of the Eastern seaboard! Stupid South! Lol!

Its always good to see they're not really as "adult" as they think they are. Christmas and snowfalls are great for that :D

MoonNStarMommy said...

I love watching snow fall!! We had more snow this morning and we're suppose to be getting another pretty good storm for Christmas (lasting 3 days!)

Happy ICLW!!

Meari said...

We're on our 4th snowfall of the season. I'm ready for spring, lol.

Unknown said...

we also got nearly no snow, while some folks nearby got tons. but, that does sound pretty perfect - we are all kids in the snow.

Sheri said...

I am visiting from my sister's Weebles' Perfect Moment Monday!

A snowstorm is actually quite relaxing as long as I'm not having to drive in it or shovel it.

I have three teenage boys and they do still have that sweet side, don't they?

Thanks for sharing your Perfect Moments!

Alana said...

How sweet that your boy is still enthralled. Ahhh...the wonderful snow.

--ICLW

Unknown said...

it's so beautiful!
we live in california so we don't have that luxury, lol

Word Nerd said...

I love watching the snow fall, too... but only when I don't have to go outside! We have about a foot of the white stuff here and we're supposed to get more before Christmas.

~ICLW

Quiet Dreams said...

Love that photo of Marty. Lovely.

The Steadfast Warrior said...

Yay for first snow falls. :)

TwinToddlersDad said...

Hello Kristin
Found your blog via ICLW.
The first snow of the season is surely one of the most wonderful things to enjoy. We of course don't get it in Florida, but when we lived in MA, it was my favorite. I used to love watching the ground covered under a blanket of snow.
Enjoy the Holidays!