"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Tuesday, December 01, 2009

The disease

It's a disease that knows no boundaries and has no respect for our differences. It's a disease that affects men , women, and, yes, even children. It's a disease that crosses the lines of race, sexuality, faith, and class. Sadly, it truly is a disease of the masses. Hell, this disease doesn't even respect the dignity of age. Yeah, I guess that last sentence gave away the fact that I'm not talking about infertility. Today is World AIDS Day. Today is a time to remember the victims of this disease and to promote understanding and the search for a cure. As @Vix_Light said on Twitter today, "Remember your 3 C's: Condoms, COMPASSION and help fund a CURE!"(I saw the quote on Maven's Twitter stream).

PLEASE, PLEASE go read Dave's post I Saw You on Rolling Around In My Head. It is one of the most beautiful posts I have ever read and ties in beautifully with World AIDS Day.

5 comments:

Shelly- Mom Files said...

I will go check those sites out :)

Sandy said...

Thank you for bringing these sites to our attention; I'll go check them out.

Can I just say that you are a very prolific blogger? I stand in amazement. I came back after being a way from a computer for four days and saw that you had nine posts.

My novel is done! Yay! It's VERY, VERY rough. I'm in the process of putting together some stuff to share, because I know you are waiting, lol.

MrsSpock said...

Thanks for the wonderful link Kristin.

Dave Hingsburger said...

Kristin, thanks for the nod and link to my post. I cried the whole time I wrote it, it meant a lot to me.

Soralis said...

Great Post, thanks for the link...

Here is to a cure!