"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Introducing Blinky

I know many of my long time readers have heard about Gabe's obsession with Pacman. For those of you new here, Gabe is my almost 5 yr old and, about 2 yrs ago, he discovered Pacman which is an obsession second only to volcanoes for him. He plays Pacman and Ms. Pacman on the Wii and on the computer. He has been known to run his own Pacman patterns in the house. I've made a Ms. Pacman birthday cake. And, this year for Halloween, I got to make a red ghost costume from Pacman. May I introduce you to Blinky, the mad, red ghost...

What do you do to celebrate Halloween? Do you dress up or do you think it's a kids' holiday? Got any cool pics to share?

13 comments:

Kakunaa said...

Adorable!

Me? I am trying to figure out how Trick Or Treat night is tonight...4 days before Halloween, randomly in the middle of the week. When did Halloween stop being ON Halloween?

Mrs. Gamgee said...

I love halloween, but sadly we don't get any kids in our neigbourhood, so it will likely be a quiet night for us. I used to do a lot of detailed pumpkin carving... one year I did the Incredibles, and another year I did Pirates of the Carribean. I miss doing that sort of stuff.

That is a great costume for Gabe... I wish I was able to sew.

Quiet Dreams said...

Such a great costume! I would totally wear that...

AnotherDreamer said...

That is sooo cute!

Meari said...

That is adorable! Absolutely adorable.

Shelly- Mom Files said...

Oh my goodness you did the most amazing job! I love it! We are not doing Halloween this year. We plan to dress William up next year when he has a bit more understanding. The girls are too grown for it. Oh and no kids ever come to our house anymore so we don't bother.

Jen said...

great job!

Barb said...

That's AWESOME!

We put on a little piece of costume for candy giving out (like ears or something), play the music from Nightmare Before Christmas and decorate the house. This year E will be dressing up as Squirt from Nemo and trick or treating around our cul de sac

battynurse said...

That's very cute and original. I love it.
I plan to buy candy on Halloween (it's not safe in my house before that) and hand it out. I don't think I will dress up this year as I haven't come up with a good costume idea. One of these years though I'm going to dress up as a Christmas Tree for Halloween. I have it all planned out.

Anonymous said...

CUTE!!!!

Beautiful Mess said...

I love that costume, good work!

I'm usually in LOVE with Halloween, but I'm just not into it this year. Not sure why. The kids will go out and have a blast though and in turn I'll get candy!
*HUGS*

..Soo.See.. said...

Uhm.. Can I have one?! It's so freakin' cute! I love how he stretches out his arms. haha.. You did great on it!!

We, adults, have a party or accompany our "kids" around the neighborhood. They're grown now, so now my boys will be "the kids" to follow, but probably next year. This year it'll probably be a quick go round and a stop at the mall for store to store trick or treating.

RELH said...

What an awesome costume!

ICLW #26