"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Yesterday and Today...

Yesterday, I had all kinds of brilliant ideas for post...really funny, cute ideas & smart, witty ideas. 
Today, nothing, nada, zilch.  Having a sick little one does that to you.

Yesterday, I actually escaped for 4 hours.  I went to my quilting/crafting group and I made Gabe's Halloween costume.
Today, I've been stuck inside with a pitiful little one...but, at least he had his costume for entertainment.

Yesterday, I felt like I actually accomplished something.
Today, my only accomplishment (besides making a pot of beans for dinner) has been making it through level 25 of Continuity.  Level 20 was a bitch.

Yesterday, I was wide awake and productive all morning.
Today, I was zoned in front of the TV with Gabe all morning and I think I was only pretending to be awake half the time (Gabe woke me up multiple times through the night and then finished the night in my bed).

Yesterday, I got to be creative.
Today, I got to deal with a 4 yr old with dry heaves, a drippy nose, and diarrhea.

I hope tomorrow is more like yesterday and not like today.

6 comments:

areyoukiddingme said...

I have had two days of unproductive in a row...they start off strong and fade to a whimper by 10 am...

So, creative goddess, if you had to make a costume for a 4 year old girl who wants to be a "spooky house" and you can't use cardboard because "it has to be soft" what would you do? There's my contribution to your creative Thursday!

rys said...

Poor Gabe, I hope he feels better soon!

Kakunaa said...

Awwww, poor little one. Remember that for Gabe, you were being EXACTLY as productive as you should be.

Mrs. Gamgee said...

I am the queen of unproductive these days. I hope that Gabe is feelng better tomorrow and that your day is closer to what you want it to be.

BTW, I'm pathetic I know, but my word verification just made me giggle. "geeker" hilarious!

nancy said...

I've had all kinds of days like that. In fact, today was one of those days. And so was the day before and the weekend. But now I'm feeling better and I'm trying to get catched up on the blogs of my dear friends who never seem to leave me even when I'm not commenting back. Thank you for your friendship Robin. I appreciate each and every comment you ever write to me. xoxo

AnotherDreamer said...

Poor little guy :( Hope he feels better soon.

And omg, why did you share the link for Continuity! LOL I clicked on it to see what it was, and I've been playing it for a good ten minutes... I had to remind myself that I was reading your post!

What costume did you made?