"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

In blog years

In blog years, I am positively ancient.  Yesterday, 10/11/10, marked my 6th blogoversary.  That means I've been blogging since dinosaurs were still around.  I think in blog years that make me about 110.  Seriously though, my heartfelt thanks to all of you who stopped by and wished me a happy one and a double dose of thanks to the wonderful person who listed my blogoversary in the LFCA.

Blogging and this community have enriched my life in ways I couldn't even begin to imagine when I started writing 6 yrs ago.  Hell, 6 years ago I was just looking for a way to hang onto the little sanity I had remaining as I navigated the hellish land of infertility.  Despite the fact that people would dispute my claims of sanity, I did survive infertility and I chalk a lot of that up to the support I found online.  My friends in the computer have made me laugh when I didn't think I had a laugh left in me.  Y'all have celebrated the happy times and helped me mark the memories.  If I am able to give back even a fraction of what y'all have given me, I know I will have done some good.
******************************
All right, enough of that mushy shit.  I love you.  You love me.  Let's get on with it.

I have to tell you guys about the latest gem from the mind of my oldest.  Marty and I got into a long convoluted conversation prior to him going to bed last night and we were both a bit silly and ridiculous because we were getting tired.  I was reading him the post I put up about Gabe and I also read him Nancy's comments about her own vagina tale with her daughter.  I was rolling and Marty was just shaking his head.  Marty piped up and said "You know what we need mom?  We need a talk collar."  I just gave him a WTF look..  Marty then said"You know, it would be like a bark collar for dogs but this would be designed for kids like Gabe.  It would somehow be programmed to recognize when certain phrases or words started to come out of their mouth.  Gabe would open his mouth and say "Is your vag..." and it would go *bbbbzzzzzztttttt (picture the stereotypical buzzer sounds and body shaking like it's been shocked)."  I was just shaking my head and laughing but, man oh man are there days when I can see the merit of a Talk Collar.  Just imagine the possibilities.  You could expand beyond the small kids with no internal censors to students who continually disrupt class to the obnoxious co-workers who can't keep their mouth shut.  You could market a whole line of these things. 

What completely ridiculous, absolutely unreal invention do you want to have around?

*I actually have a video of Marty re-enacting the shocking effect but youTube is being a PITA and not letting me get it loaded and accessible.

16 comments:

Lollipop Goldstein said...

6 years is amazing. Happy blogoversary, sweetie.

areyoukiddingme said...

Happy Blogoversary!

I need a stockpile of those Talk Collars for my coworkers!

Shelly- Mom Files said...

Happy Blogaversary!! Your Gabe is a mess!! I would like to invent a shut your yap button for my MIL <----- IMPOSSIBLE ;-)

nancy said...

lol! A talk collar. I could definately use one. Oh wait, I think my husband would want to use one on ~me~ so maybe I should second guess it's invetion!

AnnaBelle said...

Brilliant! I would love to strap a talk collar on some people.

Happy 6ht blogoversary!

Quiet Dreams said...

Happy Blogoversary to one of my favorite people (blogging or not). :)

Lynn said...

I did not realize our blogoversaries were so close (today's mine :D - only 2 years for me though on this current blog; 8 total years of blogging). Happy belated blogoversary to you my dear friend :D

Btw, the Talk Collar sounds great! I'd definitely buy one!

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Happy blogoversary, you old bloggy lady! Or would you prefer Grand Dame?

Alex said...

Happy Blogoversary - that's amazing!

AnotherDreamer said...

LOL- mmm, talk collar. That's a fine daydream, I would love for certain family members to wear one.

I really can't think of a crazy invention off the top of my head... I would love a point of view gun like on Hitchhiker's Guide lol. That would be lovely.

JJ said...

So glad you started blogging--and you better keep going!

Colette S said...

Is your vag....bzzzzzzzzzz..bwahahaha. I love it!

Ok Happy blogversary.

On to my laughing again. Your kids are hilar!

battynurse said...

Happy Blogoversary!
Now the talk collar is similar to my idea for a stupid sensor. Everyone should have one and then when they say or do something stupid they would get a little jolt that would remind them. Granted there are people who would possibly look like they were constantly dancing badly or something because they would be getting continuously shocked.

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

Happy Blogoversary! Wow, 6 years. That's amazing! Congrats!!!

Meari said...

Happy Blogversary... but HEYYYY! If you're ancient then I am too. I've been blogging 6 years also. We're not ancient, we're just well versed in blogging!

Kakunaa said...

Happy Blogoversary! You are AMAZING!!! Congratulations!