"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Thursday, October 21, 2010

It's that time of month again...

Hey y'all!  Welcome to ICLW and all the fun that goes along with it.  BY now, I think everyone knows about ICLW.  If you happened to have missed the memo, click on that little tobacco brown bar with the cute doggie that says ICLW.  It will take you to am explanation.  If you happen to be new to my blog, WELCOME!  I have a bunch of links right above the newest post that explain my history but you are also welcome to just browse.

I thought it might be fun to start out ICLW with two little lists and I'd like you to humor me by telling me these things about you in the comments.

3 Things I Wish I Could Do
  1. I wish I could sing.  I love music.  I love to sing.  But, sadly, my singing voice sucks.  It is perpetually flat.  I can hear what's wrong with it.  I just can't fix it.
  2. I wish I could play the piano...not just play a little...I want to be damned good at it.
  3. I wish I could tell my high school self to relax and be confident...that there is a lot of good things coming.
3 Things I'm Really Good At
  1. I'm a damned good artist in many different mediums.  I can get an idea for how I want something to look and I can develop the idea and follow it to fruition.
  2. I'm a good cook.  I often experiment in the kitchen and 9 times out of 10 the dish turns out.
  3. I'm a great wife and mother.
Now, if you humor me and put your own version of these lists in your comment, I'm going to extend the invitation to ask me a question (or 2 or 3 or...).  Ask me anything...pry into my personal life, ask advice, whatever.  I will answer on Monday.

PS...don't forget to enter the big giveaway I have going on.

5 comments:

Mrs. Gamgee said...

Happy ICLW my friend!

I can only carry a tune if it has two handles, and my one attempt at piano lessons never really went anywhere.

My question for you... do you have a favourite ingredient or style of cooking?

Barb said...

I would do number 3 as well!!!!

also:
DANCE
and BE ASSERTIVE on a regular basis.

Things I'm good at:
Being a wife and Mommy (especially the Mommy part)
Working with animals
Word games

What name can you first remember wanting to use for future children, m or f?

Krissi said...

I wish I could launch my writing career and be confident in raising my family without having to go back to my teaching job. I'm good at being creative! Happy ICLW! (#72 & 106)
What is your fvorite song (that you wish you could sing well)?

Laura said...

oh wow I wish I could sing too. I try in the shower every day but it never works out... oh well, at least I can worry. I am a very good worrier! Happy ICLW :) #107

Sarah said...

Oh man, I so wish I could sing and play the piano! If I could I would kick my seven year old self in the butt and say to stick with the lessons!

ICLW #8