"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Monday, October 25, 2010

A Funny From The Fair

Edited to add this to Perfect Moment Monday...Lori over at Weebles Wobblog says that "Perfect Moment Monday is more about noticing a perfect moment than about creating one. Perfect moments can be momentous or ordinary or somewhere in between."


Joey, Gabe, and I had been standing and watching a Percheron mare and her mule foal.  Joey and Gabe decided they had to go look at yet one more cow with my mom.  I thought the mare and foal were more interesting so I stayed there.  A kind of snooty couple were standing a little down the fence from me when Joey and Gabe came back.  The kids slid in next to me and the woman said (in a very snotty, cold tone of voice) "Well, excuse you!"  Now, the kids did not push by anyone nor did they even have to squeeze in.  There was plenty of room.  I chose to ignore that snotty biotch because I decided it wasn't worth responding to.  I did however take GREAT delight when Gabe loudly exclaimed how he got to see a cow's butt and he got to watch the poop coming out of the cow's butt and then the cow stepped in it and "Why did the cow step in it?"  I was desperately trying not to laugh out loud at the look on that biotch's face when Gabe said that.  I almost applauded when he then announced that was his favorite part of seeing the animals.

I think Gabe's presence and comment turned that into a truly perfect moment.

7 comments:

Kakunaa said...

How could she be weirded out by such a statement at an animal-laden fair??? LOL. I think they didn't know what they were attending. They are crowded, stinky, and noisy. Good times!

Megan said...

Cute! It'd be so proud of my son if he said that :) BTW, are you talking about the NC State Fair? I noticed the NC blogger link. I'm in Raleigh (and so glad the fair is done and we can get back to our normal traffic pattern!).

AnotherDreamer said...

LOL, that's great :D I love stories involving your kids, they are absolutely amazing!

Mrs. Gamgee said...

Man... that Gabe kid just rocks! ;)

I would have loved to have seen that lady's face!

mare said...

That was awesome- Good job Gabe.

Some people really need to get over themselves!

Quiet Dreams said...

Go Gabe! HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Dora said...

Awwwww! Love that boy!