"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Monday, October 25, 2010

A Funny From The Fair

Edited to add this to Perfect Moment Monday...Lori over at Weebles Wobblog says that "Perfect Moment Monday is more about noticing a perfect moment than about creating one. Perfect moments can be momentous or ordinary or somewhere in between."


Joey, Gabe, and I had been standing and watching a Percheron mare and her mule foal.  Joey and Gabe decided they had to go look at yet one more cow with my mom.  I thought the mare and foal were more interesting so I stayed there.  A kind of snooty couple were standing a little down the fence from me when Joey and Gabe came back.  The kids slid in next to me and the woman said (in a very snotty, cold tone of voice) "Well, excuse you!"  Now, the kids did not push by anyone nor did they even have to squeeze in.  There was plenty of room.  I chose to ignore that snotty biotch because I decided it wasn't worth responding to.  I did however take GREAT delight when Gabe loudly exclaimed how he got to see a cow's butt and he got to watch the poop coming out of the cow's butt and then the cow stepped in it and "Why did the cow step in it?"  I was desperately trying not to laugh out loud at the look on that biotch's face when Gabe said that.  I almost applauded when he then announced that was his favorite part of seeing the animals.

I think Gabe's presence and comment turned that into a truly perfect moment.

9 comments:

Kakunaa said...

How could she be weirded out by such a statement at an animal-laden fair??? LOL. I think they didn't know what they were attending. They are crowded, stinky, and noisy. Good times!

Megan, aka LadyofMoonlight said...

Cute! It'd be so proud of my son if he said that :) BTW, are you talking about the NC State Fair? I noticed the NC blogger link. I'm in Raleigh (and so glad the fair is done and we can get back to our normal traffic pattern!).

Another Dreamer said...

LOL, that's great :D I love stories involving your kids, they are absolutely amazing!

Mrs. Gamgee said...

Man... that Gabe kid just rocks! ;)

I would have loved to have seen that lady's face!

mare said...

That was awesome- Good job Gabe.

Some people really need to get over themselves!

Jen said...

love it!

Quiet Dreams said...

Go Gabe! HAHAHAHAHAHA!

battynurse said...

LOL

Dora said...

Awwwww! Love that boy!