"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Monday, October 11, 2010

From the mouth of Gabe

As we drove up to preschool:  "Look, we're at preschool.  Gosh (said with a bit of a sigh), preschool is good.  I like going to preschool."

Last might before dinner: Gabe is sitting on the couch with the syringe from his doctor kit.  He is pretending to give himself a shot.  Gabe looked up and said, "My blood sugar is too high.  I have to give myself one shot to bring it down."

Sometime last week:  Gabe pipes up, "Mom, Miss S is a girl (the teenager living with my parents)...that means she has a vagina."  "Yes Gabe, that's right."  "Mom, is her vagina regleear or ridicleeous?"  Gabe thinks this is a really funny question to ask because it sends his oldest brother screaming from the room.

12 comments:

kate said...

Happy blogiversary, Kristin! Gabe is too funny!

Once A Mother said...

haha hilarious. Happy Blogoversary to you. Happy Blogoversary to you. Happy Blogoversary dear Kristin, Happy Blogoversary toooooooo youuuuuuuuuu!

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

Happy blogaversary!

AnotherDreamer said...

lmao! Wow.

Happy blogoversary :D

nancy said...

lol! That is so freaking funny. Especially the vagina one!

We had a vagina conversation one day. Ella told me her vagina hurts and I took her into the bathroom to wash it out good and then to use some cream. I told her I could see it hurts because it was all red. So she asked me what color is should be. I told her "well, it should be pink". She asked me what color mine was and I told her since mine was clean, it was pink. I thought that is where it ended.

A few days later, we were in the store and I bought a package of those wet wipes toilet paper things. I told her she can use these when she goes potty so she could keep her vagina extra clean. She carried them around the store and when we were at checkout, she put them up on the conveyor belt. When the cashier (a male) picked them up to scan them, she says ~"This is to keep my vagina clean and pink, just like my mommy's. Except her vagina is red when she's drity."

oh yes, she actually said that. I wanted to die righ there!

(sorry for overtaking your blog comments for a moment there!)

nancy said...

Oh yeah, happy blogiversary too!

(your word verification for this comment is "dexter". lol!)

Mrs. Gamgee said...

Happy Blogoversary! Happy Canuck Thanksgiving! :)

Gabe is hysterical... seriously!

Barb said...

Aw cute.

Quiet Dreams said...

I love your "Gabe says" posts so much. :)

battynurse said...

LOL.

Days Like These by Tanyetta said...

toooo funny!!!!!!!! Happy Blogging Anniversary! You rock and roll. LOVE LOVE LOVE the purple hair too :)

Kakunaa said...

LOL. What a cut up.