"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Thursday, October 28, 2010

How do you tell it is REALLY Fall?

How do you tell it is really Fall?  Is it when the leaves start changing colors?  Or, how about when they start falling?  Could it be the cool nip in the air?

Nope, it's none of those nice, normal signs around here.  Around the Cruz household, it is finally really and truly Fall when the evenings and nights get chilly enough that my feet are replaced by ice cubes.  The weird thing is, I can be toasty and warm but my feet frequently freeze.  I could have on any one of the nice fluffy, fuzzy warm pair of socks right up until I change for bed.  Those 10+ minutes it takes to change, brush my teeth, and wash my face...ice cubes baybee.

And, you know what, I kind of like it because I take a truly perverse delight in snuggling up to Vic in bed and then oh so carefully and slowly (so he doesn't know it's coming) bending my legs up so I can put those ice cubes feet on his stomach or maybe his upper thigh if I'm really in a mood.

LET FALL BEGIN!

10 comments:

..al said...

Ha Ha Ha...yep I love the attack of the cold feet.

I do that trick on Birdman too sometimes...right when we are all snuggled...one cold toe will find his exposed leg and startle him...

Love it!

Kakunaa said...

My husband's feet are cold even with socks on...drives him nuts, LOL, and he plays the torture game, too.

battynurse said...

LOL.
I used to take my cold hands and reach under my ex's shirt and put them on his stomach. He'd usually yell. It was always sort of funny but then I'm weird.

Kristen said...

HA - I do that to my husband all the time!

Barb said...

Me too!

Colette S said...

I have icecube feet too! Oh and hands! Always cold. I definitely should get a fluffy fluf slipper and mittens this year.

Doesn't he jump out his skin when you put your ice cubes on his stomach or thigh? *giggle*

Stephanie said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! And no, I didn't realize the Mast General Store was online. I'll have to check them out.

AnnaBelle said...

Hahaha! I get really cold feet too, and hands. Yep, it's Fall!

Beautiful Mess said...

AHAHAH love it! I do that to Dirty too! Good times, for sure!
*HUGS*

JJ said...

Hahah, how did I miss this!

Glad we both use our ice toes as weapons :)