"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Friday, October 08, 2010

Cooking with Marty

I've been having so much fun teaching Marty to cook.  Not only is it fun to see his skills develop but I'm thrilled to see him expanding his palate.  Last night, Marty and I made baked pork chops, bow tie pasta with a tomato garlic cream sauce, and honey glazed carrots.  While he is more than happy to have me take a picture of the food,  I'm still trying to convince my son and sous chef to let me take his picture while he is cooking and he is still refusing.  

He has gotten so into cooking that when I hit the book fair at Joey's school last month, I bought Marty his own cook book.  He was thrilled beyond belief to have his own cook book and has asked me if he can pick out one recipe a week to make.  Today, he selected a recipe for spicy pepper hummus.  Of course, being Marty, he had to ramp up the spiciness.  So the rest of us would have a hummus that didn't burn our taste buds, I also made a batch of garlic and sun dried tomato hummus.  We can't wait until tomorrow to try it.

4 comments:

Mrs. Gamgee said...

Whoohoo! Go Marty!

I think it's so great when kids get excited about cooking. Good for you for helping him grow like this!

..al said...

Okay...that looks amazing!

..al said...

Marty may be on Top Chef someday!

battynurse said...

I need someone who loves to cook. Because I pretty much hate it.