"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Sunday, February 28, 2010

There once was a blogger from Nantucket...

It's time for Lori's Annual Limerick Chick Contest.
I've already entered my limerick about Kym (click here, you really need to read the whole story) but I felt the driving need to come up with one more limerick. I started and discarded at least half a dozen until inspiration truly struck. Here's my second limerick...

Infertility, needles, and loss
are three things we’d want to toss
like garbage in a can
Instead we will band
Into groups ‘cause of Mel whose the boss

There are some brilliant entries this year (but I still think y'all should vote for me) so click on that nifty picture above and check them out.

6 comments:

Mrs. Gamgee said...

Fantabulous! I love it!

..Soo.See.. said...

love it! :) And I'm doing the Meme below too. Love learning little trivia about people!

Sandy said...

Have I told you that you're a brilliant writer?

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Wait...isn't that "da boss?"

Now I don't know if I want mine about you to win or yours about me?

Jana said...

I love that limerick! nice job. there is some stiff competition out there

Coffeegrljapan said...

I love this limerick and voted for it!