"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

SHOW AND TELL: Crafty Time

Welcome to our weekly expedition into the land of Show and Tell. Y'all know Show and Tell is wasted on the elementary schoolers. Join us weekly to show off an item, tell a story, and get the attention of the class. In other words, this is Show and Tell 2.0.

This week I want to brag a little bit about myself. I've been on a creative streak lately. First, Joey and I came up with an awesomely cool design for his Pinewood Derby car this year. He decided he wanted to do an animal head. Well, given my, umm, affection for dragons, we naturally went for a dragon head car. Her, in all its glory, is Joey's 2010 Pinewood Derby car...
I also recently designed and crocheted a hat as part of my Pay It Forward commitment. Aunt Becky wanted a hat just like the one her darling daughter Mimi has. This is what I came up with...
I hope y'all don't mind me focusing the spotlight on me:)
********************
To see what everyone else in class is bringing to SHOW AND TELL, take a trip to visit the Miss Mel, Goddess of the Infertility Blogosphere.

17 comments:

AnotherDreamer said...

That derby car is awesome :) and I freaking LOVE the hat, I am super jealous of your mad skills.

Alana said...

Catching up...

The dragon head car sounds amazing. LOVE the hat!

Pic of Gabe sleeping on your lap is SO precious!

Happy (late) Bday Marty!

LOVE the card Joey drew for Vday, what an artist!

I definitely believe there are lifeforms in other galaxies. I think space is too massive and amazing for Earth to have the only "life" out there.

I think apologizing is a key component to long-lasting relationships, but I don't think apologizing when you're not wrong should be a requirement.

Whew...I think I'm caught up now. :)

Mrs. Gamgee said...

Love that car! So very cool...

And have I mentioned how envious I am of your yarn-related skills? I've tried, but it's never worked for me.

Wishing 4 One said...

Awesome car. AMAZING amazing hat I love it! Aunt Becky will die when she gets it. You are so super freakin creative girl.

Mama Melissa said...

oh i love that derby car!! :)

how crafty are you?!!! love it!

melissa

Delenn said...

Like the Derby Car--especially the spikes!

You are so freaking talented! Love the hat.

Yeah, I am watching Caprica and enjoying it very much.

You would like the BSG game, at the beginning and middle of the game "loyalty" cards are distributed (face down) that declare whether you are a cylon or not (i.e. you could be a sleeper, you could work undercover, or you can "reveal" yourself). Pretty slick.

Lori Lavender Luz said...

You never cease to amaze me.

Mad skillz fo sure, yo.

..Soo.See.. said...

Oh how cool is that DerbyCar! It's so cool! KUP on how he does!

And love the hat! I taught myself to knit and didn't follow through and now I'm thinking of learning how to crochet. I think you've given me that extra little push to do it!

Elizabeth said...

Lovely hat!

Carrie27 said...

Love the hat, I may be asking you to make my girls some for next year ;) I'd pay you, of course.

JEN said...

I wish I was crafty! I can't even cut a straight line....

Jen said...

car is great, but now you've done it lol, Bean saw the hat and said "can I get that for my birthday"

Anonymous said...

I love your craftiness. Look at my post. It was all about my great birthday.

battynurse said...

Great idea on the car and I love that hat.

Anonymous said...

Great hat, its gorgeous. I wish I could crochet, it seems so much easier than knitting which I am not very good at. Thanks for stopping by my blog for ICLW. So many crafts, so little time..

MrsSpock said...

I LOVE that hat. Is that a cloche?

Aunt Becky said...

ZOMG. The hat is amazing. Like, I can hardly stand how amazing it is. You are so talented!