"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Happy Birthday Marty

13 years ago today my boy came into the world an almost 9 lb screaming bundle of energy. I could never have imagined the challenges and joy parenthood would bring to us. I'm trying not to gush here 'cause he's a teenage boy (OMG, a teenager) but I am so thrilled with the young man he is turning into. He's a great kid who willingly takes care of his baby brother and isn't afraid to show affection for his family. Sure, there are times he makes me want to pull me hair out (he and I are so much alike in so many ways) but I know that stubborn streak will serve him well in the long run. Hehehe, my real biggest complaint is that he is resisting getting a hair cut. I think he is trying to grow a full blown afro (and, yes, I will try and get a picture). Then again, maybe him not getting his hair cut is a good thing. I am NOT ready for him to look as old as that will make him look. He just turned 13, is over 5' 7" tall, and has a voice as deep as my husband. I am really NOT ready for him to look and seem as old as he does. So, before I start to gush about what a great kid he is or before I start to sniffle because my baby is so grown up, I'll sing happy birthday to him.

Hippo Birdie 2 Ewe
Hippo Birdie 2 Ewe
Hippo Birdie Deer Marty
Hippo Birdie 2 Ewe

I love you big guy!

18 comments:

Stacie said...

Happy 13th Birthday, Marty!

..al said...

Happy Birthday, Marty!

Wishing you love, luck, prosperity and happiness!

GeekByMarriage said...

Happy Birfday!!!!!!

Today you become a man! Mazel tov!

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Happy birthday to you, Marty. Be nice to your mom even when you're taller than she is.

battynurse said...

Happy Birthday Marty!!

Aunt Becky said...

Happy, happy birthday, Marty! How can you possibly have a teenager?

Wishing 4 One said...

I love his hat! I bet his afro is cool too. Happy birthday Marty you have an awesome Mom, but you know that already. Have a fun day!

areyoukiddingme said...

Happy Birthday to the teenager!

Beautiful Mess said...

I love that picture of him!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARTY! Enjoy your day!
*HUGS*

Andi said...

It is good that you can say all these things that you feel about Marty....some parents can't/won't do that. Did you make him the hat?
ICLW

K said...

Happy Momaversary!!! Blessing to Marty!

Quiet Dreams said...

Yay, Marty!
Congrats, Kristin!

AnotherDreamer said...

Awww :) Hope he had a great birthday!

tomi said...

A little late but happy belated birthday! :)

*iclw

Mrs Woggie said...

Returning your comment for ICLW.

I hope Marty had a great 13th Birthday. I can't believe one day I'll have a teenage son!

Mrs. Gamgee said...

A very belated and very happy birthday to Marty!

Kristi aka "Judy" said...

How can it be that little man is *officially* a teen?! :)

JJ said...

Im belated, but HAPPY Birfday Marty!! Hope it was a great one :)